Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dedication

Dedication

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

This is dedicated to those who have lost someone they love, whether alive or dead.
Sometimes you have to take a loss to move ahead.
On May 14, 2002, I lost my brother. I still question and wonder why he had to die.
A year has passed and I've attempted to put this behind me, but I just can't seem to, no matter how hard I try.
June 1, 2003- I lost a great woman, one I could've grown to love.
She was my protector, my guardian angel sent from the heavens above.
It's funny how events take place but everything happens for a reason.
It's almost as if we change our emotions like weather changed each season.
Sometimes we must come to grips with reality and just accept a loss.
There is no explanation, things happen sometimes for a certain cause with a hefty cost.
It's hard to accept the loss of a loved one, especially if they're dear and close.
We are sympathetic by nature, equipped with emotions and respect, I suppose.
For the living loved ones that we've lost, you can only tell them how you feel and make amends.
Hopefully in the long run, we can remain friends.
For my honeysuckle queen, all I want is to have you back.
I know it's going to be a challenge, but the deck is beginning to stack.
Sometimes the only thing required to make amends is a phone call.
In closing, I say love those in your life and always remember that it's better to love and lost than not to have loved at all.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great write, I can totally relate to this losing my Grandfather 12/21/2002 and
and my Dad 12/25/2002, I know the pain....

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing