What I Wish for You in the New Year

What I Wish for You in the New Year

A Poem by Marie Anzalone
"

New Year's prayer for friends and family

"

What I wish for you in the New Year

Posted 15 Hours Ago



If you are employed, and you love your job, may it continue to challenge and fulfill you in 2011.

If you are unemployed, may hope hold out until you are once more gainfully working.

If you are in love, may you and your beloved find ways to keep the spark and romance alive.

If you are not in love, may its blessings come knocking upon your door this new year.

 

If either your job or your relationship are unfulfilling, may you find the courage to change your situation.

 

If you have dreams and goals, may 2011 be a year where you come at least one step closer to fulfilling them.

If you are currently drifting or depressed, may a dream or goal shape itself to bring you hope.

If you are bringing a child into this world or into your life, may s/he be a gift of wonder and joy.

If you are in the position to watch a loved one depart the world or your life, may the final moments with them be filled with grace.

 

If you realize you are holding onto people or goals that undermine you, bring you down, or lessen you in any way, may you find the words and resolve to excise them from your life.

 

If you are well-fed, may you share your bounty with those less fortunate.

If you are hungry, may the bounty of the generous provide necessary sustenance.

If you have a beautful home, may its doors and walls welcome and shelter loved ones and strangers alike.

If you are homeless, may you find a place to rest weary bones and heart after a long day, and shelter from the storm.

 

If you are in the position to do so, may you make sustainable choices in both hearth and home such that future generations will have resources to provide for them.

 

If you are grieving, may you find comfort.

If you are happy, may it turn into joy.

If you are bitter, may you find sweetness.

If you ar lost, may you find something to believe in.

 

If you feel forgotten, may you encounter situations where you may be useful and kind; and thus, remembered. For spirit transcends all religions, divisions, and earthly quarrel.

 

 

© 2010 Marie Anzalone


Author's Note

Marie Anzalone
No-one was reading it as a blog... figured I'd try as a poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such an uplifting, beautiful expression of the heart. Thank you for your kindnesses expressed here for all of us.. I deeply appreciate you, your support for me throughout the year.. all you do to make the world a better place through your life and words. Happy New Year, dear friend!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dear Marie,

Didn't see this one right away, so forgive me as I catch up. As my dear friend, Emma, so rightly puts it, you have a beautiful heart. How wonderful if these dreams could come to pass. Unfortunately, we know that they are more likely to be fulfilled on the rich side rather than the poor side. This is a horrible tragedy, one with which all good meaning people must live, as this is beyond what any one person can remedy. We can only hope that if we join hands we can do something about this. As a society that likes to think of itself as "enlightened", we must do more and not get caught up with the retoric that prevents action, that really thinly veils self-interest and stands in the way of the truly needy. We must put a mimiumn quality of life for everyone ahead of having a second car or a bigger, fancier house. That's not to say I don't covet a big beautiful hose. I do, but with such abundance, some provision must be made for the poor.

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's always a reason for having someone as a friend, reading your poem makes me more than aware as to why I call you that special word .. your heart and mind sings the most beautiful song!

Wishing you all you wish yourself and your darlings.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is truly a blessing to be gifted with wonderful friends like you, you give the best of gifts..a piece of your heart. I am hoping to be moved to colorado with a chance of a fresh start and glady accept your wishes. Warm wishes to you as well for you to recieve all your heart desires. Happy New Year to you and all of our friends at the WC!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marie,
I echo those same words back to you as well. I feel 2011 will be a wonderful, uplifting year for us. I am so blessed to have you in my circle. Thank you for being you..

Happy New Year Sister!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such an uplifting, beautiful expression of the heart. Thank you for your kindnesses expressed here for all of us.. I deeply appreciate you, your support for me throughout the year.. all you do to make the world a better place through your life and words. Happy New Year, dear friend!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF US MARIE

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I said it on the blog, and I'll say it again: such a wonderful sentiment! Happy New Year to you, too!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig, Mark, Lynne, Emily, Emma, Kristina, Mimi, Dane, Rick, Jeff, Christian, Chris, Jamie, Cristy, et al.- this one is for you! Happy New Year to all of you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
8 Reviews
Added on December 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010

Author

Marie Anzalone
Marie Anzalone

Xecaracoj, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala



About
Bilingual (English and Spanish) poet, essayist, novelist, grant writer, editor, and technical writer working in Central America. "A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to ta.. more..

Writing