Fight

Fight

A Story by Terri
"

Part 1

"

 

Run, just run. Don’t think. Run. They’re catching up, you wimp. There, that tree. Don’t let me been seen, don’t let me be heard.
The Hunter’s passed below me. Screaming, desperate. ‘We can’t lose her. Not again!’ I heard. From my viewpoint, I could not tell if it was thought or heard. The Society must be desperate, I could hear fifteen people instead of the usual ten.
“I know you can hear me.” A chill ran down my spine. A new Hunter. An experienced Hunter. My breathing stopped. “Come here. We do not wish to hurt you.”
“Shut up!” I thought.
“That’s not nice.”
“Stupid telepath.” I stopped all thoughts. He would be able to track them.
“Come on, Kat.” Don’t think, don’t think. I willed my-self to cut off all senses.
I was floating in all Nothing. Nothing to hear, to touch, to smell, or to taste. Guardian, guard me here. Awaken me when danger is gone.
 
*                      *                      *                      *                      *
            “Kat?” The stubborn one wasn’t responding. Listening, I couldn’t hear her thoughts. No breathing. Nothing to track. She must be in Nothing.
            “Come back to the clearing.” I told the rest of the Hunters. The legendary Hunt for Katilen continues. Not for long.
            “Ja-mas! We have to continue! She could not have gotten far.”
            “The longer we are here, the farther she can get!”
            “Quiet! She can go nowhere! She is in Nothing!” The rowdy Hunters calmed down. “Now, I am pretty sure she won’t come out until we leave. If we can find her, then we can get her back without a fight. A ninja with any sense would”
            “But sensible ninja’s don’t leave The Society!” erupted from the group.
            “Are you sure, Ja-mas?”
            “I am positive. Her brain isn’t working and her heart is barely beating.

~Terri

© 2009 Terri


Author's Note

Terri
I just began this story yesterday when my writing on Life On The Squad wasn't at my house (thankfully, the writing was found and Part 6 is close to going up). I hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it. Something different from you. A risky venture--trying to capture someone's thoughts on paper. Have you read much of Stephen King or Nicholas Sparks? Maybe it's universal....anyway when writing what someone is thinking versus when they are speaking aloud, most writers nowadays use italics. You don't have to, but it differentiates speaking from thinking. Let's see what the Ninja does next.

Thanks Terri with an "i"

Markymark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like it. Something different from you. A risky venture--trying to capture someone's thoughts on paper. Have you read much of Stephen King or Nicholas Sparks? Maybe it's universal....anyway when writing what someone is thinking versus when they are speaking aloud, most writers nowadays use italics. You don't have to, but it differentiates speaking from thinking. Let's see what the Ninja does next.

Thanks Terri with an "i"

Markymark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting idea. I would like to see you expand it maybe. Seems like we come right into the middle of the action, with no real background. I still understand what's going on, so good on you for doing that with nothing to reference! Nice work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2009

Author

Terri
Terri

About
I mostly write about what I find interesting and you might find some of my personality mixed in with the main character in my stories. Please read my writing and give me reviews and feedback. If you f.. more..

Writing
Story Outline Story Outline

A Story by Terri


Pre-setting Pre-setting

A Chapter by Terri


Spy Haunting Spy Haunting

A Book by Terri