Sadness

Sadness

A Story by 5John17
"

An intro to the story

"

Tom lied on his bed, stretched out his right hand, and stared blankly at the ceiling in his room. His tears had dried up, and his eyes were pain from crying non-stop. However, it felt insignificant, compared to the bolder he felt crushing the upper part of his left chest. Deeply saddened and hurt by how cruel reality was, Tom screamed inside, wishing

that he could redo his life... If he could, he would live his life more wisely and not be as naïve as he had previously been. And maybe then, he would be able to escape his dead end.

Tom got up, dragged his deedless body to the chair, and grabbed a pen. He wanted to convey his painful emotion on paper, hoping that it would get rid, at the very least, a bit of his unending pain he felt.

HAHA… Life uproariously laugh at you when you’re down.

When you think you are at the lowest point of life, your actually not. Life, like a magician, always has another card up his sleeves. You end up in a vicious cycle, where you spiral further down into despair as the magician reveals his next trick. When all his cards have been revealed, only then, will you   have stop plunging down further into despair. However, it is too late by then. After all, you have already reached rock bottom.

Cruel right? Reality is harsh in more ways than one, the magician never reveals his secret. So you probably never end up realising why you have been thrown into such a mess.

You try to get up, but it is too painful, you have no idea how you are going to get such a heavy boulder off yourself. Maybe you try to lie to yourself that when you are at the bottom, you can`t sink lower. Perhaps, you try to call your friend for help. However, at best, he can only you give you morphine. After all friends can only console you, but they can`t change your grades and find it too arduous to offer you any true form of help. By then, you probably start questioning who is truly on your side…

© 2016 5John17


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 13, 2016
Tags: sadness

Author

5John17
5John17

Singapore



About
I am 19 more..

Writing
Bitter Sweet Bitter Sweet

A Story by 5John17