Bullying

Bullying

A Story by Lacey
"

This is just an article of the concerns for school bullying situations. I dropped out of school and this was suppose to be my senior year, but I reported multiple times I was being bullied and nothing

"
To whom it may concern,
  
 I have reason to believe that the Laurel Highlands academic directors and principals have taken action in the situations that have happened obtaining to bullying going on. Why am I writing this article? I am writing this article because I have not finished my senior year of High School due to the bullying that people get away with. When I became a freshman at Laurel Highlands High School they said they will not tolerate bullying, but every time I reported being bullied they just talked to me and did nothing about it. They called me down to the guidance office and sat me down with the other person knowing that the other person was making me feel terrible about myself. 
  Bullying is unacceptable on all levels because students should be able to go to school without having to worry if someone’s going to say something about what they’re wearing, how their hair looks, how they act, etc. Now statistics show that 20% ( 1 out of every 5) middle and high school students report being bullied each year. Youth who are bullied are at increased risk for depression, anxiety, sleep difficulties, lower academic achievement, and dropping out of school. Also looking at the in-school statistics of the bullying going on it shows that about 20% of students ages 12-18 experience bullying nationwide. Students ages 12-18 who reported being bullied said they thought those who bullied them: 56% had the ability to influence other students’ perceptions of them. 50% had more social influence. 40% were physically stronger or larger. And 31% had more money. 
  Nationwide 19% of students in grades 9-12 report being bullied on school premises in the 12 months prior to the survey. 43.4% are bullied in the hallways or stairwells. 42.1% are bullied in the classroom. 26.8% are bullied in the cafeteria. 21.9% basically 22% are bullied outside on school grounds. 15.3% are bullied online or through text messaging. 12.1% are bullied in bathrooms or locker rooms. And 2.1% are bullied somewhere else in the school building. Of course, the staff in the schools wouldn’t know any of that because they don’t pay attention to what’s really going on behind their backs. 
  There are many types of bullying which include students ages 12-18 experiencing various types of bullying. 13.4% is the subject of rumors or lies. 13.0% is made fun of, called names, or insulted. 5.3% is pushed, shoved, tripped, or spit on. 5.2% is left out. 3.9% is threatened with harm. 1.9% of others try making them do what they don’t want to do. And 1.4% of their property is destroyed on purpose, but I don’t see anything being done about any of this bullying they talk and don’t give parents calls letting them know. They try to avoid the fact that most suicides are due to bullying, but nobody wants to admit to themselves that suicides are caused by being bullied when they are. I acknowledge the fact that bullying is getting out of hand anymore and something needs to be done about it. People need to take into consideration that parents are losing their children due to the fact that schools are not taking action. They need to do less talking and more taking action.
  

© 2022 Lacey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on January 15, 2022
Last Updated on January 15, 2022

Author

Lacey
Lacey

PA



Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Lacey


Love Love

A Poem by Lacey