How I Became a Writer

How I Became a Writer

A Story by Lacey
"

Many people ask me the same questions over and over again and I believe it's time to let my secrets loose at least some secrets because maybe people will understand my whole reasoning behind writing.

"
I started off just a baby where I had no idea what writing even was. As I grew up I started becoming more rebellious towards my dad not knowing he was my mom and dad as the same person. When my siblings and I did something wrong none of us confessed which led to our consequence. With this consequence it was much a consequence at first because my hands always cramped up writing the same sentences over and over again 100 times. After he made us write for so long I ended up falling in love with writing. It helped me get my frustrations out and made me who I am today. I started writing lyrics and they weren't great lyrics at first, but I remember they were as good as they could get unlike my writing. I turned my consequence into a dream, into a future career, hoping that I could just get that one job offer to share my poetry and life story with those who haven't experienced life as hard as I have. I was hoping for my future to be more than just this online writer waiting for that day when I get an offer so then I would be able to afford a better home for my soon to be husband, my future kids, and myself. Affordable to build up this dream and say I accomplished what I wanted my entire life for years upon years. 

This could be my moment where my life changes in just a blink of an eye. I write with emotion, powerful meaning, and emphasis. I write with my heart and I have to brutally honest everyone I know keeps saying you have an amazing voice put it to use, but I'm just like have you read any of my writing yet? No, they haven't because instead of getting to know what I ABSOLUTELY LOVE to do on a daily basis they focus on what I've practiced on a daily basis. I am a High School drop out who still can write whenever she wants. I'm that girl who doesn't need just a piece of paper to say she can get any job she wants or dreams of. Writing isn't about a diploma it's about how passionate you are to do it. When I'm upset or frustrated or even depressed about anything I turn to writing and it helps me throughout my life. I wrote poetry for years now starting in 5th grade and to be completely honest I was never in creative writing in school because what I always wrote was never created from my mind it was created through my memories of what all had happened growing up. It all happened for me, my mother leaving as a baby happened for me, my dad showing us tough love happened for me, but this writing isn't just going to happen for me it's going to happen for my husband and future babies. With that being said my pain is all released in my writings if you read deep into them.

© 2022 Lacey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on January 24, 2022
Last Updated on January 24, 2022

Author

Lacey
Lacey

PA



Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Lacey


Love Love

A Poem by Lacey