An Open Letter to the Future Leaders of our Country

An Open Letter to the Future Leaders of our Country

A Story by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

Philippine Election 2016

"
~~

Dear future leaders,

Who are you? We don't know you. But you see, we are entrusting our future lives to you.

You don't know what is happening outside your comfortable houses, do you? And if you do, I wish that in your heart there is this promise that you will do your best to give us what we need - a progressive but peaceful place.

I will tell you some stories so that everything will be clear. Groups and families are divided because of different beliefs and standards in choosing candidates- friends fight against each other, sibling against another, son versus father, etc. Do you know all of these? They fight for you. They do this because they believe... because they trust you.

Yes, we don't know you. But you know yourselves. You are the only ones who know your hearts and minds. We are only believers. We are dreamers. We dream for this land to succeed. We dream for this country to stand and move on.

We only rely on our faith that you, the ones to be chosen, will be the ones who will really serve, not the ones who just crave for money, power and fame.

We really don't know you. But we are here with open hearts and minds to support and do our part when you are already there in your dream place. We know that what important is unity after this short-term division. We are all here for a common purpose: to love and care for our dear Philippines.

May God bless us all. God bless, Philippines!


Sincerely yours,

Juan Dela Cruz

© 2016 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Praying for a peaceful election and a fruitful leadership thereafter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very mature piece. The people as dreamers and believers in leaders who act in good faith for the greater good.

Very well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind words, sir.
And it is my fervent hope that we, the citizenry, shall likewise do our part to ensure that the vision of a better, progressive and unified nation shall be realized.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2016
Last Updated on May 7, 2016
Tags: Philippines, election 2016, vote wisely

Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing