risking the journey

risking the journey

A Poem by heavvur
"

this is my favorite poem. that i've ever written. enjoy my hopeless romantic fantasies :)

"
risking the journey

I'd walk the Atlantic Ocean for you. All the way to Liberia and back, making sure I introduce us to all of the fish along the way, telling the sea anemones, "He's mine, you can't have him." To us, they are our enemies, but they really just envy us. I see it in the way they splash the salty sea spray at us. They don't have someone that'll walk all the way to Liberia and back for them. Across the Atlantic Ocean. WALKING.

risking-------------------------------->what?:

-seeing your marvelous, warm, moist, brown suede eyes look into mine.

-holding your hand with your long fingers laced with mine

-feeling your muscular arms wrap around my tiny and fragile frame.

Risking the time we met, the time we held each other and cried, the time we had our clumsy first kiss, the time in which my heart was so broken I fell for you-hard, the time we realized we loved each other.

The concerts.
The movies.
The dates.

Everything.
Just so I can glimpse your sun-kissed face and give a kiss to every single freckle. I'd walk the Atlantic Ocean for you. Just for the chance to see your face, staring at me, just to make me laugh. Just so we can share another awkward hugg, so I can hear you ask a question continuing on our silly question game. I'd walk to Liberia and back for you--------------------------------------------------------->
Just to hear you say I love you, one more time.

and what would you do? You know I want to be yours for the rest of eternity...but what do you want? Do you really want me as badly as I want you?
Will you walk the Atlantic Ocean for me? I want you to...but...I don't know if I can stand the thought of you and that long journey. Risking everything I'm willing to risk; getting cuts along your young skin, chapping your lips, drowning the in the water surrounded by our enemies.

But--------------------->if you can't walk that far--------------->{take me with you}.
hold my hand, carry me when the water gets too deep. kiss me to make my lips moist when chapping starts. And I'll promise the same. I'll hold onto you through the treacherous storm waters and the icebergs tilting and breaking and freezing us. As we travel across the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and you get scared I'll...I'll...I'll sing to you. sweetly. softly. so only the waves and water around us can hear. so the dolphins and the sharks will stop their crusades. so the monsoon waters will stop raging.

and all will be calm.
[and all will be calm]

For they'll see the look of love in our eyes. and know------------->{and know} we aren't alone through our walk across the Atlantic Ocean. To Liberia.


and back.

© 2010 heavvur


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

awww thanks :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is one of my new favourites,ever(:

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2010

Author

heavvur
heavvur

VA



About
let's see. i'm insane. :) i write poetry. i'm a musician, an actress, a dancer. i love jesus. my poetry is all inspired by actual events. i love the writing styles of emily dickinson and sylvia pl.. more..

Writing
safe. safe.

A Poem by heavvur