i'm getting married to the ultimate Lover of my soul

i'm getting married to the ultimate Lover of my soul

A Story by heavvur

it’s 1:27 am and all i can do is lay here in awe of You

 

i am Your bride.

 

You’re in love with me.

 

this wedding gown i’m wearing isn’t of silk or satin, but of Your radiant light. whiter than any snowfall could be. You clothe me in the light of Your love. You have made me pure and my body belongs to You, a perfect temple for You to reside.

 

the ring on my finger isn’t just silver. it’s made of Your strongest armour, and it wraps me in the Holy Spirit. You protect me because You want to keep me forever.

 

my veil covers my face not with lacey fabric but with tiny, delicate petals that You made with just a whisper. You made me beautiful because i need to reflect You.

 

the shoes i wear are not high heels, studded with gems, but are shoes made for walking, for taking this temple and Your word everywhere. teaching others of You. showing others that the honeymoon suite is not of earth, but of and in heaven for all eternity. You made me walk so that i could talk of only You.

 

the bouquet of flowers in my hand aren’t sunflowers, like i had planned my whole life for them to be. they’re a bushel of thorns, for this marriage isn’t easy. i have to hurt and cry and fight and break and scar in order to stay with You. You made it hard so that i would run into Your arms.

 

the vows i read to You are so…inefficient compared to what i want to say. but every word You say is sweet perfection, it’s a love novel to the whole world. each phrase was crafted so that through the union of believers and You, others may visibly see Your wedding vows. that they would be incarnate of us. You breathed those precious words that we would fall to our knees and cry tears of joy and worship.

 

Your loving breath eternally says, ‘i do.’

 

we’re just waiting for the moment You will whisk us up off of our feet and into Your arms. Lord, we’re calling out for the day that the marriage will be official and we can never let go of Your hand. Lord, we need You now.

don’t let us be asleep when You carry Your bride away in the night. let us all open our eyes and proclaim to the whole world exactly what we need to say to further Your kingdom.

 

Father, help Your children to fall in love with You again.

 

we need a revolution of love, Abba.

 

it’s 1:45 am, and all I can do is cry and praise and love. Father, bring us to You.

carry us to You.

 

hold us closer than ever before.

© 2011 heavvur


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

140 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011

Author

heavvur
heavvur

VA



About
let's see. i'm insane. :) i write poetry. i'm a musician, an actress, a dancer. i love jesus. my poetry is all inspired by actual events. i love the writing styles of emily dickinson and sylvia pl.. more..

Writing
safe. safe.

A Poem by heavvur