as i went down to the river to pray

as i went down to the river to pray

A Story by heavvur

i woke up this morning and sent out bible verses via text message.

 

i rolled over and opened my bible, reading out of jeremiah. i proceeded to read the psalm of the day. then to prayer.

i asked God, 'what can i do for You?'

 

...as if He was in need of something i could give.

 

then i had this sudden realization, and i was laughing.

 

God doesn't need me to do anything. He doesn't even need me. He's a big guy. He knows what He's doing.

but He wants me.

 

[He wants you]

 

we're His children. He chose to have us. we are His princes and princesses. He's madly in love with us. He sings over us. He rejoices over us. He protects us. He has a plan for us. He calls you beloved. Tirzah. He counted how many hairs are on your head. He knows how many days you will live. He celebrated with the angels and the Son the day that you were born, and He will celebrate even more the day that you join Him in heaven.

 

He loves me.

 

[He loves you]

 

He wants to fill you with joy. He wants to have flowers bloom at your feet. He wants you to be safe in all of your journeys. He gives you hope in times of trouble. He cries over your sufferings. He wipes away your tears when you cry. He gave you the world.

 

and when it wasn't enough. when all of this was nothing in our eyes.

 

He gave us His Son. He put His Son, Jesus, on earth. His Son, one in the same, lived sinlessly on earth. He walked around and taught love. He then, after teaching everyone about His love for them, was betrayed. Not just by Judas Iscariot, but by uswe shouted 'crucify Him, crucify Him!' we beat Him, we made the crown of thorns, we flogged Him, we mocked him, we drove in the nails.

 

on that cross, on that treacherous end, He turned to His Father and said, 'forgive them, for they know not what they do.' He forgave us.

 

in that act of forgiveness, the barrier between us and God was broken. we could talk to Him. we could worship Him freely. 'the wage of sin is death,' but now? now we are as white as snow.

 

when God looks at us, He sees perfection.

 

you are perfect, because He made you.

 

this was my revelation. even though i had known it before..today it hit me at home.

 

God loves me, someone who messes up, someone who tries the best she can but can't ever reach the goal, someone who has walked away from God, someone who doesn't read enough of the Bible, someone who doesn't pray enough.

but i try.

 

and as long as you try.

 

you're perfect.

 

don't think you're anything less.

 

the God that created you is in love with you.

 

He just wants you to love Him back.

 

 

© 2011 heavvur


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011

Author

heavvur
heavvur

VA



About
let's see. i'm insane. :) i write poetry. i'm a musician, an actress, a dancer. i love jesus. my poetry is all inspired by actual events. i love the writing styles of emily dickinson and sylvia pl.. more..

Writing
safe. safe.

A Poem by heavvur