Memories of the Past

Memories of the Past

A Chapter by Helen Elizabeth

Day after day, our past together comes to mind when I am alone. I cannot remember much of the first meeting, but I can remember when we first really spoke. I can remember the smiles and tears of laughter. I can remember our jokes and how we had to find our own private space because of continuously being kicked out of places for our loud foolishness.

Time passed and our friendship grew. We never missed a chance to speak to each other. You were my first friend that truly changed my life. Our conversations were filled with smiles and laughter. Some of your jokes could be so obnoxious and funny at the exact same time. There were times I felt like catching the first flight to China to find you and strangle you for some of them. But it was the greatest time of my life.

I thought things would always be that way and our friendship would never change, but I forgot everything changes, including people. You changed and I changed. So did our situation. We started slowly drifting apart and I barely saw you. There were many nights I cried myself to sleep from thoughts of you and our situation.

If there ever comes a time we drift even more apart from each other, a time we may no longer even be friends, I want you to know you are someone I will never forget. You have been my best and closest friend within the short time of knowing each other. You have been my everything and I will always be thinking of you.

© Helen Elizabeth 2010



© 2012 Helen Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012
Tags: past, friendship, memories