Vocabulary

Vocabulary

A Chapter by Helen Elizabeth James
"

List of terminology used in the novel.

"

Vocabulary

 

 Pacis lamia: A half-breed vampire originally born from the union between one vampire parent and one human parent.

Homicidae lamia: A pureblood, immortal vampire.

        Plenus: A pacis lamia individual who has reached maturity.

Valeo: The powers and supernatural abilities possessed by the pacis lamia vampires.

Ethicus: A mental-oriented type pacis lamia vampire that is generally able to control his hunger, even if his level of control is low or his hunger is strong.

Esurio: A hunger-oriented type pacis lamia vampire that sees the world similar to the way the homicidae lamia vampire, and lacks control in the face hunger unless possessing a high level of self-control.

Sponsa: The bride of a pacis lamia male or human male integrated into the pacis lamia society.

Patronus: The mate of pacis lamia female or human female integrated into pacis lamia society.

Desponsatus: The future mate of a male or female of the pacis lamia society.

Conciliatrix: Events organized for plenus females after reaching their thirteenth birthday to aid in finding their potential mate�"similar to the “season” observed by English nobility in the 1800s.

Narcomaniae: An individual who carries blood that draws and attracts a specific pacis lamia individual.

Seligo: A pacis lamia male who chooses human individuals who meet a specific criterion to live among pacis lamia in their future life by giving them a mark.

Delecta: A female human chosen by a seligo to live and marry into the pacis lamia community.

Electus: A male human chosen by a seligo to live and marry into the pacis lamia community.

Accipio: A pacis lamia individual who has claimed a delecta or electus.

Duplicavi: A pill given to a sponsa or patronus that increases his or her blood as his or her mate drinks it.

Adversatus-abeo: A chemical, containing pacis lamia hormones, which alters both the physical and mental development of human individuals to enable them to live within the pacis lamia community.

Percuravi: A chemical created from a self-healing hormone carried in the bodies of pacis lamia used when an injury is too fatal to heal on its own�"which is also injected into their blood source during feeding, causing the blood source to heal instantly afterward.

Adfectus: A human who is in possession of the same powers and abilities as a pacis lamia vampire due to being injected with pacis lamia hormones.

Altor: Trained males who work under the Protection and Defense Agency to serve and protect the valley and people in any way needed.

Curatricis: Trained females who work under the Protection and Defense Agency primarily as chaperones for unmarried plenus females as well as guardians and caretakers of girls and children, but may also take positions in law enforcement.



© 2013 Helen Elizabeth James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very helpful I will look back at this for help

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on August 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013
Tags: pacis lamia, vampire, to love a vampire, pacis lamia the half-blood vampi, to love a vampire part one


Author

Helen Elizabeth James
Helen Elizabeth James

Springfield Gardens, NY



About
I go by the pen name Helen Elizabeth James. I won't give you my actual name. I am enjoying the anonymous author/writer thing. I have published my first novel on Kindle and will also publish it on Kobo.. more..

Writing