Strain

Strain

A Story by Scott Troy

Its wasn't what she wanted. Lies an decadent promises met with a dull headache. She'd always found comfort with an early cup of coffee, yet now she sips a warm beer and can still feel the kiss nicotine on her lips. She sits an watches the morning sky catch up to the previous night. Her hands compromised with tremors and an ever growing fear. Her present state felt underwhelming given the current situation. She felt her conviction starting to slip away where it was so recently at her throat. She was scared, angry, and filled with regret. Hours ago convinced her heart was ripped out by a bad decision with dirty blond hair and a knack for xanax. The bottle of pills collecting dew beside her. Sun rising to meet her. She lifted her head as she felt a hand on her shoulder. He'd never given up on her. When so many already had. She stood up and fell into an embrace she'd felt countless times. Warm. Caring. Forgiving. She left the pills at that sunset. She replied to his affection, "..... I'm so sorry dad.."

© 2018 Scott Troy


Author's Note

Scott Troy
Ignore grammar a punction issues. Very rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on January 31, 2018
Last Updated on January 31, 2018

Author

Scott Troy
Scott Troy

Edwardsville, IL



About
Midwest writer. Father. Romantic. more..

Writing
Shattered Shattered

A Poem by Scott Troy