Human Grace

Human Grace

A Story by Scott Troy
"

This is a short narrative i wrote when a girl collapsed outside at the college i was attending.

"

Futility. Amidst the current spectacle that had befallen the commons this was all he could think. Should he consult one of the many peers at hand and share words of sentiment and concerns? The girl did just collapse all of the sudden. He was absorbed by words and the symphony in his head. These things happen, he thought. Emt's and school staff shuffle about while students looked on discussing how it must suck for something like this to happen to someone. I shouldnt inquire, i have a class to get to. Just a random sequence of life that happens all the time. How noble his thought are. Fundamentally apathetic. What is real compassion anyway? It doesnt take much to "ooh" and "ahh" at the sight of anothers suffering. He honestly hopes the girl is alright but he has no interest in watching this metaphorical car wreck. the audience is absorbed in decadence, some positively shocked lacking the courage to express their true feelings of the joy of watching the discomfort of others and its entertainment value. She is being stabalized now the board under her body her neck kept straight by the brace. At this point mind reading would be quite interesting. Thoughts of "poor fat girl" and "I'm glad its not me" sicken him at teh thought. He did make it to his class an relflected upon this scene later. This is his text and his insight put to paper. Humanity fell in front of him this day.

© 2008 Scott Troy


Author's Note

Scott Troy
ignore any errors, i actually wrote this as the whole thing with the girl was actually happening.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 6, 2008

Author

Scott Troy
Scott Troy

Edwardsville, IL



About
Midwest writer. Father. Romantic. more..

Writing
Shattered Shattered

A Poem by Scott Troy