The Square Root of Pi

The Square Root of Pi

A Story by Crowley
"

A bit of silliness...

"

     Once, while experiencing technical difficulties I called her on the phone, acting like nothing big was going on and making small talk. She said my name and I paused.

     “Corey?”

     “Yes.”

     “What is the square root of Pi?”

     “Why the f**k would I know that?”

     “Exactly my point, call me back when you have something to say or when you are ready to tell me what’s wrong.”  She hung up.

     I went to the desk drawer and pulled out my calculator.  I called her back and she answered.

     “The square root of Pi is 1.77245, I lost my job and Katy died yesterday.” I hung up.

     The phone rang back immediately and I let it go to voice mail. I waited and then listened to the message. Her voice was angry and frustrated.

     “You are an ungrateful a*****e and the worst friend in the entire world…there, I hope that makes you feel better.”

     She did, she always did. I texted her a smiley emoji and a fat cat thank you sticker and told her I owed her drinks.  She sent back a flipping the bird emoji and vomit emoji.  I smiled.


© 2019 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
lol....that fat cat thank you sticker is the crowning touch...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent poem Corey. Life kicks you in the balls at times. But you get up dust yourself down and carry on.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

and massage my aching balls...lol. Thanks Luv!!!
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

that was my next line Corey. wink.
aint that just the way the cookie crumbles... tis all Pi in da sky innit.. and anyway, a bit o silliness never hurt nobody, did it....nice one..

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

that's for sure Neville, thanks so much!
Neville

5 Years Ago

pleasure as always sir..
Good stuff, bro. I read it because the title grabbed me. Nice work here.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

thanks so much, I appreciate it!!!
emoji *kissy face* * eye winK* * opera singer*....

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

I started off with that first line in my head, and just started writing...utter nonsense, but it mad.. read more
OMG did she really, did you really? Im sooooo sorry Cee....do you wanna talk about it? not really? Christmas Carol Karaoke it is! Ill be Home for Christmas.....just you wait and see....I'll be home...Chin up butter cup! From the floor all you can do is stand up:)

Posted 5 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 29, 2018
Last Updated on October 15, 2019

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Innocence Lost Innocence Lost

A Poem by Pete