Flutter

Flutter

A Poem by Crowley
"

My image group write....pretty corny, but I am posting it anyway...just because I can..try and stop me.

"
Flutter
I wish that I could flutter up
My wings the hue of buttercups
My mouth the shape, a perfect "O"
Your lips like nectar down below

I wish that I could kiss the sky
And mock the strangers passing by
On your shoulder after flight
With whispers of a sweet delight

I'd tickle the spot below your nose
Give flattering remarks about your clothes
I would smile my smile and batt my eyes
Charm you with my patent lies

I'd tell you of my trip to france
And ask you if you'd like to dance
I would treat you like you're super sweet
You'd smash me flat beneath your feet

© 2010 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Gadzooks! its my writing and I still can't get the girl...I so suck.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this piece. It's not corny really because..you KNOW it's corny, so it's almost as if you're mocking yourself. But in a good way. I like the rhyming because it wasn't forced but it still works so well with the poem. The ending makes this interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ROFL Love the last line. I'm always terribly suspicious of flattery lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


again its good!

GQ

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL..."Charm you with my patent lies"...perhaps that's not the best way to get the girl!! ;-)
A light-hearted, sweet, fun read with a high 'awww' factor...the right one will come flutter by sooner or later and then you'll ask her for that dance, perhaps even whisper some sweet delights...
(and you know what...sucking isn't necessarily always a bad thing?!! *grins*)

Posted 13 Years Ago


very humors, too cute i enjoyed the flow of this and the rhyme and pace of your piece. Poetry should be fun from time to time

Posted 13 Years Ago


hehe - You've got to stop hiding the pretense my friend. In my poem "PERSONA WARDROBE" I mention how I wear masks, "my other self built on pretend and lies". Do away with masquerades. Lies may get her now, but we both know they are bound to surface once again.

This is quite an easy-flowing poem. Akin to a beauty on a gondola :) You've got a great flow with nice rhymes; remind me of my own - hehe
The line, "Your lips like nectar down below" stole the show for me.

Nicely done :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


what makes the corniness work.. is there is a sort of... hmm... snarky smile inside of it, and that is what tickles my sense of humour *grins*

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha awe! You don't suck! This was a great great piece! I was smiling through the whole this, yes it's corny, but in a cutesy funny way lol. Great job hun, I loved it!

~Adora

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well I am very happy that you threw down some pride and posted this. You may suck in the sense you can't get a girl- but you rock poetry wise! Ha Ha Ha! I love the comparison which you drew out of this. It's true, sometimes in love we feel smaller than the other and love squashes us flat. Perhaps you should show this girl the poem, it's true, we're sucker for corny things! Way to go butterflies!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have never even tried to write a poem that has form or that rhymes and it seems like everyone I read on here now is doing it. Perhaps I should give it a try. I am envious of your ability to find words that fit and tell your story. I am wondering if you knew how this would end, or if that is just what ended up happening. Your note is funny. This is well done. The twisted ending after all your sweetness is great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


there is just something about this poem... i really like it! :) yeah, it sounds a little corny, but thats what makes this poem work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1238 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Going Deeper Going Deeper

A Poem by Crowley