Epiphany

Epiphany

A Story by Crowley
"

A stream of consciousness exercise where I just wrote for three minutes and then edited for three minutes. Kinda fun.

"

Epiphany

     I’m twelve feet from an epiphany with no shoes and the concrete is s****y hot. Reaching for a muse that continually mocks my ability to deliver something salvageable, something salient, something worth my reader’s precious time.    My idea sizzles in front of me just out of reach, and a crowd that has gathered to throw stones instead of seasoning. They watch it cook past over-medium to an unhealthy brown, smiling and wringing their hands in anticipation of failure. I reach for my spatula, an extension of my scribbling hand, and try to flip it before the fullness of its flavor, the center, becomes rubbery to the touch, dry and pasty, inedible. It’s too late, my epiphany, once elegant and pinpoint sharp is now a shriveled piece of pathetic protein not fit for grinding into food for the mongrel pissing on the adjacent fire hydrant. A young woman, in shoes, steps from the crowd and picks it up, holds it too her bosom and tells me how lovely it is. She crusts it in salt, sage, and Cajun spices. She puts my muse on a lavender leash and tells me, “No worries love, we can fix it, but first we need to find you some shoes.”

© 2010 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
I know...kinda crappy and wierd, but exercise nonetheless.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i used to have that epiphany every time i saw a blond, but of course i'm cured now, going to meetings and all

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 9, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing
Curfew Curfew

A Poem by Crowley


Nowhere Nowhere

A Poem by Crowley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sordid Sordid

A Poem by Crowley