The Demon

The Demon

A Story by Kelly
"

Very quick and short work of mine, i didnt put much serious thought in this but i like it in its own way

"

 The demon picks up his head and sniffs. It looks around and snarls as freshly spilled blood drops from its open mouth. Its hind legs tense and release as it springs off into the night.

The dark creature's victim sits up. His name is brad, he has spent the last three years managing a crappy gas station for an a*****e of a boss. The other year his girl friend left him for another man, after Brad caught her giving this other man oral sex in their bedroom.

Brad isn't thinking about that right now. Brad is missing his left arm. The young man screams in an equal mixture of both pain and fear. He can still feel his arm, in a way, and it feels as though it was on fire. Brad jumps up and vomits. He is completely pale and looks like he has just seen hell.

A snarl causes Brad to turn and look. What he sees haunts him for his final minutes. The creature is covered in dark fur that hides scaly red skin, which is visible from missing patches. The creature has hands with long fingers that are obviously used to walk on. In the creatures right hand is Brads unfortunate limb.

The gas station manager screams in terror as he looks into the face of his attacker. Brads eyes meet the demons and he actually looks into hell. It isn't as he imagined it is far far worse. Brad was raised catholic and spent many of his few precious hours hearing about the pain and torment that await those who turned from their unforgiving lord.

Hell is dark...very dark. The pain is a thousand times worse than the bleeding stump that hangs dead from its socket. It doesn't relent and it doesn't pass. Brad is dead.

© 2009 Kelly


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a really short story. You have very vivid imagination but it could be used to describe a little more about hell? By the way, you have a few slight grammatical errors dealing with apostrophes, etc.
"It isn't as he had imagined; it is far worse."

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2009

Author

Kelly
Kelly

Dubz, IA



About
Hi I am kelly, i like stuff.s more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Kelly


The Chair The Chair

A Story by Kelly