Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Kelly

The sun falls behind the hill. She watches the sun carefully, studying it. It does this every day, always, and she is always there to watch it. The girl grips the bars of the window tightly. The mind of the child races with thoughts of freedom, she does this every day. The door of her room swings open and food is tossed inside. This is not a surprise. This happens every day. The little girl chews slowly; her appearance is calm but her mind races. She counts the seconds. This happens every day. She finishes her meal, but she keeps counting. She stands up with her metal tray; she positions herself by the door. When she gets to 453 seconds, the door swings open, and she swings the tray jamming the guard’s nose into his head. He falls to the floor. The guard, Robert, was married and had three children; he dies soon after hitting the ground. The girl looks at him in wonder.
The girl then runs. She is not followed. There were two guards. One is now deceased. The other guard was too busy looking at his adult reading material to notice the child on his monitor. This is not normal, this does not happen every day. The girl reaches the hill. She has never left the room before this day. Her only knowledge of this world comes from her window, and Television set, suddenly she looks back. She is sad. How will she survive without the Television set? After all it has always been there for her. She turns back to the hill, and climbs to the top to see where the sun goes. What she sees is not the sun, she sees buildings and people.
When the girl reaches these people she speaks to them. The people do not respond; they do not look at her. They just keep walking. These people aren't real. They are illusions. Soon this realization comes to the girl; quickly the child tires of this illusion and continues on her adventure. It was just about this time that the second guard wonders where his partner is and discovers his corpse lying on the ground. Quickly he calls his master and tells him of the situation. "My lord, the child has escaped." His lord is not pleased and quickly tells him what to do. "I suggest you kill yourself soon, my men will be there shortly and you know how they deal with failures." The second guard, Carl, puts the barrel of his gun into his mouth and pulls the trigger. This isn't a spectacular event. Carl was not a movie star or a president. His death does not matter to the fake people of the town past the hill. The only person who cares is his wife, who wonders how she shall pay off the car without his income.
The Lords Men come quickly, efficiently. They travel in packs; all carrying weapons of the finest quality money can buy. The leader of the men speaks. "Our lord's daughter cannot be far, our orders are to destroy the young child and bring back her body so a new one can be cloned." They group stares at him. He cannot see their faces behind their masks. "Let’s get a move on then." They start to move out. They all had this childhood. They all miss their Television. They all miss when life was simple and they didn’t have to do awful things to innocent children. Behind their masks their faces were blank. They are not real either
They find the girl quickly. She was lost, and scared. They tell her calming things. She begs them to take her back to her room, back to where things were simple. She screams that she only wanted to see where the sun went. The men are touched by this. They all raise their guns in unison and shoot her. She screams only for a moment. They take her corpse back to the lab. The Doktors look at her in pity as they remove her organs to be sold. The soldiers aimed for her head, as to not damage the expensive parts. They quickly begin work on a new, better child. One that will not be disobedient, this child will be prettier, and a more efficient drone when it is grown. Their Lord will be pleased; he may even name it if it is attractive enough.

 

© 2009 Kelly


Author's Note

Kelly
any help is welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 4, 2009
Last Updated on December 13, 2009

Author

Kelly
Kelly

Dubz, IA



About
Hi I am kelly, i like stuff.s more..

Writing
The Chair The Chair

A Story by Kelly


The Demon The Demon

A Story by Kelly