You're not going anywhere right now

You're not going anywhere right now

A Poem by Kingsley Kong
"

A poem for my cousin with cancer.

"
The Demon came from outta nowhere. No warning,  it was coming,  it just appeared.  One day you're clear,  nothing to fear.  Living day to day,  happy as can be.  You start feeling weird, but what can it be. You go to the doc and they run some test. You start feeling stressed at the faces he expressed.  Anxious and can't sit still.  Anguished from the vibe you feel.  Somethings not right, a feeling you feel from your head to your heels. Sweat starts pouring and you get the chills.  The doctor comes up,  and stares you in the eyes,  shakes his head,  you break down and cry.  You're just so young and not ready to die.  Cancer is the diagnosis. And his prognosis is clear.  Your chances are queer. Under the circumstances,  you're bloods so advanced there's a very high chance that it will just up and disappear.  Up and go.  At the moment though,  there's tumors in the bone.  Up and down your spine.  Dry your eyes,  please stop crying, let me explain,  you'll feel some pain,  and chemo is lame.  But the blood in your veins is just insane.  See you're a Hess.  And Hess' don't quit. We stare adversaries in the face and call them a b***h.  Ain't no cemeteries in the near future or the present.  You're way too tough,  and you're gonna do fine.  Keep your chin up and your head held high. It's only the devil,  he came in desguise.  And what I advise is to never comply or ever compromise with the words he speaks.  He'll try and make you weak and take you to your knees on the ground at his feet.  Leave you feeling hopeless,  but nope,  not this chick.  The holy ghost got your back,  you're one of the chosen.  Face death in the eyes and laugh.  He gives you life's breath and the cancer dies and it's the demon's demise.  So close your eyes,  look to the sky,  thank the Lord,  you're still alive.  Keep smiling,  it's only a test for you,  you're a Hess,  don't let this get the best of you.  We've got your back,  and you're in our prayers.  When you fall off track,  call somebody who cares,  loves never lacked from the man upstairs.  Always look above and remember,  we love you cuz,  you're our family member.

© 2016 Kingsley Kong


Author's Note

Kingsley Kong
Ignore grammer problems. Constructive criticism welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on November 5, 2016
Last Updated on November 5, 2016
Tags: Life, cancer, sad, family, disappointment, love, happiness, optimistic

Author

Kingsley Kong
Kingsley Kong

Marion , VA



About
I'd do it for s***s and giggles. more..

Writing