Inner struggle with solution

Inner struggle with solution

A Poem by Kingsley Kong
"

Just thoughts on paper

"
October 6th, 1987. A child was born,  sent down from heaven.  Cursed since birth,only to get worse with questions. Knowing he's right but always second guessing.  It's a daily fight,  that gets worse at night.  Praying to Christ for a blessing and maybe some insight. Life lessons is what he gets.  He's about to flip,  can't take this s**t.  Trying to remain optimistic,  but about to quit.  How much pain can one handle. Feeling like life is one great big scandal. So he lights a candle and places it on the mantal and starts to pray begging for an answer. Hoping for a day the sky's no longer gray. So he lies there awake thinking of a way to play the hand he was dealt.  Dreaming of wealth. Gotta get it himself,  there is no help.  Living a lie,  smiling outside,  but dying inside. Fighting back tears,  ain't no time to cry.  All these years,  he's done nothing but try,  with no success.  His life's a mess. Smoking cess to keep his mind right.  Completely stressed. Comtiplating crime when the times right. His heart is right and his heads on strait.  But there's only so much more that he can take.  Trying to be patient,  lying and waiting,  there's bound to be a day that it all makes sense.  His thoughts on a paper and they all make cents. Is it a coincidence,  he starts to rhyme and it pays the rent?  Spends his time with a page and pen,  time to tell his life story from beginning to end.

© 2016 Kingsley Kong


Author's Note

Kingsley Kong
Ignore grammar problems. Constructive criticism welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic powerful stuff about mans inner struggle to be himself in the world.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2016
Last Updated on November 5, 2016
Tags: Life, sad, family, disappointment, love, happiness, optimistic

Author

Kingsley Kong
Kingsley Kong

Marion , VA



About
I'd do it for s***s and giggles. more..

Writing