Prologue: THE CLONE

Prologue: THE CLONE

A Chapter by heyyyjulieee

Charlie and I both knew that what we did was wrong, but Andy is all we've got.

At first, everything appeared to be normal. He seems to be an ordinary 7-year-old boy just like every other boy. He likes listening to music and reading books. I guess, he inherited that from me. His favorites are the Arithmetica Universalis and De Mundi Systemate of Isaac Newton. For a young boy his age, he's very smart. He's fluent in Latin, English, and French. You see, Charlie and I are very lucky to have him. It's not hard to love Andy.

But things changed one day when Charlie brought him his first ever pet for his birthday. We thought it's time for him to learn how to take care of other living things. I was more excited than my husband that I can't stop blabbering about what he should buy for Andy. He came home with a cute brown colored husky. The dog seemed to be delighted by seeing Andy that he jumped immediately in his lap. We chuckled while the dog licked his face.

"So, what are you going to name him?" Charlie asked him.

"Cloud. I think it suits him." He answered back.

"If you think so buddy. We gonna go now and leave you and Cloud some time alone." Charlie told him before we closed the door.

But not long after that, we heard a very loud squeal. It was like it was in immense pain. We ran as fast we could to Andy's room, and to our horror we saw Andy with the dog entrails exposed for the whole world to see. It was a gory sight. I felt nauseous. Charlie checked the windows and close them as fast as he could while I was frozen in my place.

"He tastes better than the cooked meat, mom." He said as if he was talking about a special meat and it wasn't a dog he was devouring.

"A-Andy, what have you done?", I asked him as I knelt down to wipe his face.

Charlie and I exchanged glances and we both knew that we can't tell anyone about this.

Sometimes, there are stories that you just can't tell,
and one of them is the truth about our little boy, Andy.



© 2017 heyyyjulieee


Author's Note

heyyyjulieee
If you liked this chapter, please let me know. Thank you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on December 22, 2017
Last Updated on December 22, 2017


Author

heyyyjulieee
heyyyjulieee

Iloilo City, VI, Philippines



About
Hi! I am Julie. An amateur writer and poet. I thrive in chaos. Writing is my escape from the harsh and cruel world of reality. more..

Writing
Words Words

A Poem by heyyyjulieee