Eraser 11 am

Eraser 11 am

A Poem by Muse

 

 

It was like an epiphany

the moment we fell

"in love"

with the black horizan

you showed me

that diamonds will burn

if left in the sun

and words on paper

will bleed

if wept upon

time can be powerless

considering we are just human

 

 

 brainless

 

skull

 

 

reckless

 

 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love it, Muse! The title is interesting, made me go back and re-read. This piece speaks volumes of heartache, but heartache in retrospect, heartache as if had by someone who is almost happy for the experience. The piece is powerful in deed and right to the point. Really good writing here!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this! The picture, the words, so powerful! I can't stop rereading this...I see a new meaning with each time. This just shows how many different ways your poem is applicable in.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ah, but how sharp is the prick of the rose of love - one drop of blood flowing from a wound of unmet expectations - or perhaps, expected expectations, and one is just too blind to see the truth. The horizon of joy becomes one of pain, and as you express, is all so dark and foreboding! The leaves wilt and bring a blight in the soul that may be cleansed with a healing rain. We may be considered brainless and reckless, but then loves does make one blind!!
An interesting perspective indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Christ ,his second coming, hidden in our plain view, a pattern felt in our hearts, yet still unseen by misty wanting eyes.Black our future pasted on billboards scrapping the fenders of our soul, lemmings lined up nascar roaring past.Jewels so plentiful in our country,look around ... TV's decorating a house,wrist ,ankle, finger, nose, ear, neck.... diamonds....adorn our empty hearts. Mass marketed to be your singular special window into her... heart... Mass a market to be the mystery, a second bomb to maim the selfless heroes and gaukers...Liquid emotion speckles bantam breasts, pitter patter on to brainless, reckless, careless, timeless, loveless.......Epiphany .


Yep you are a hundred dollar inspiration, Thank you for your creative kick in the a*s.

Posted 11 Years Ago


We are so very naive when we fall in love, but some blessed souls learn to evolve together-and it doesn't happen easily, often with fits and starts and quits and at times-contemplation and change and renewal.....tiring, this thing called love.
But so rewarding when we finally get the steps to the dance, and synchronization emerges.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~ wow... muse...

"with the black horizan
you showed me
that diamonds will burn
if left in the sun
and words on paper
will bleed
if wept upon"

~ i can't even begin to tell how powerful, how startling, how astounding and how captivating this image is... your poem here is scintillating poetry... it takes a very perceptive mind to know that love is actually all that it is not... that bliss is the purest sadness... and grief is the purest joy... i'm always petrified of stating this in my writing... afraid that i will be misunderstood... but you show me the way... here's to more liberated writing... the power of light and dark... and the light in dark... absolutely awe-inspiring work, dudette...

Posted 11 Years Ago


"time can be powerless". Yes indeed! I see enough light to shape the shadows here.
Well penned as usual!
Lovely is not even close to enough.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dark and reflective.. truthfully eloquent imagery... black horizon and burning diamonds... the things we find hard to fathom are already happening.. love the ending too... the rhyme and also the message.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very thought-full

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1307 Views
38 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014

Author

Muse
Muse

IA



About
more..

Writing
Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Untitled...... Untitled......

A Poem by Muse