Midnight Rain

Midnight Rain

A Story by Vertigoingnowhere
"

A little something i wrote in biology class.

"
It was the middle of the night and the sound of the rain woke me from my sleep. I got out of bed and opened the window. As i opened it, the rain started to meet my face, as the drops bounced off the window sill. I closed the window, grabbed my rain boots and hurried outside. As i opened the door, i saw what seemed like a curtain of raindrops falling off the roof top. I put on my rain boots and stopped in front of the rain curtain. 3...2...1 GO! I said to myself. I burst through the rain and ran over to the covering under the trees. I watched and listened to the music of the water drops. In the light of the moon it looked as if glitter was raining down from the heavens. I ran to the street where there were puddles all around. I hesitated for a moment, then jumped into one. I felt like a little kid again. After jumping a little while more, i walked back up to the door. I turned back to take one more glance at the sparkling rain, then walked inside.

© 2011 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

seems someone is a bit distracted in class. beautiful little scene here. i still like to play in the rain, especially i like to play in the rain after youth group when there is a thunder storm, its great. me and some of my friend will run around, jumping in puddles, and shooting songs of praise toward the heavens.

and Sophie, not necessarily, i've seen it rain where the sun is shinning brite as ever, the same thing could happen with the moon, i've seen much stranger weather.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nice work...the simplicity and yet the enormity of rain and puddles, raindrops and memories all blend together...nicely written...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The realm of magic and little fairy beings...xo :) excellent write..xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great I can imagine kids laughing and playing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Magical! Loved it! Finding beauty in simplicity.... thank you for the gift of your child-like wonder!

Posted 12 Years Ago


ABSOULUTLY BEAUTIFUL. Amazing. Exactly what I would do :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Something I have not done in along time~ and something we shouldnt take for granted, the beauty of something so simple can change a day in our life, make us smile and calm our hectic lives...I love this piece you wrote..calmed my soul..ty

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Beautiful!! Makes me think of fairies. :) I wish the rain here would be magical instead of just being annoying, lol. Excellent job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this I really do and i have to admit I would be that person :$ I love to run and jump in puddles :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

833 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..