Thy Will Be Done

Thy Will Be Done

A Poem by A.A.Romanczuk

I have wept until I could no more

I have thought and thought

Though it breaks my heart

I feel within me what must be done

Though I would rather die a thousand deaths

Than do it

I have wept and murmured prayers

Through teeth clenched in agony

Thy will be done...

Thy will be done...

On Earth as it is in Heaven... 

Only to weep again, distressed

I have offered up my heart and soul

And allowed myself to dream and hope

But that can no longer be

Let us not deceive ourselves

Let me weep, aye, let me weep

In time, this boundless pain

Must pass and be replaced

With unblemished serenity

Allow me one last look

Before I must turn away

From my heart's deepest desire

And let us speak of it no more

© 2010 A.A.Romanczuk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Speechless.


But I can't NOT say anything--this is a review, not a comment. Um. Okay, I've got it. This is such an emotionally raw piece, in which I interpret it to mean that you are wrestling with your own desires and obedience to God. You are letting something go, even though it is painfully difficult and you don't want to, because you are trusting for something infinitely better. It's the letting go that is always the hardest part.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank You, Madame Just a Poet...:) Your sentiments are much appreciated :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is powerful as well as deep. Kind of intrquing as well.
I can feel sadness and pain. Well expressed emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank You, Quan :) If You'd like an explanation, please refer to my comments to other readers below or message me :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't quite understand it, but still goos peom.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You're not a silly Serah, You are a super wise, brilliant Serah ^ . ^ At least so methinks :D Hmm..I see..or at least, I think I see...I like to believe in a sort of balance between the two...when I read about complete detachment...well first of all...I think it would depend on what we consider to be detachment...I define it as the ability to accept everything no matter what happens without blaming this or that or abusing any God for it in summary...to be emotionless...well..that would not be good...I think it is well when we are able to take our experiences and learn from them yet at the same time try to teach ourselves that concept of detachment simply because it eliminates a lot of grief and maybe furthers good-will towards others...I have a long way to go....
I don't see however that anyone needs to learn detachment...whatever way we learn...we still learn...I see the sense in Your views...and they only convince me more of Your wisdom...I think You know more than You allow Yourself to believe that You know....and it is, of course, incredibly endearing..but I ..honestly...consider You to be one of the wisest people of my acquaintance and I could almost revere You for that wisdom...You make people think, Serah..and that is always a noteworthy quality...Your life philosophies are astounding...and I...tell You...I am more and more aware of it..each time we exchange words :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. me no brilliant ... me silly serah ... :) ... but thank you for explaining, alex ... helped clear my thoughts ... actually, i am an experiential learner ... and i have never induced the experience of detachment ... for instance ... i don't believe in the concept of consciously moving on ... i think if it has to happen ... it does ... in the meantime ... we have life ... and i simply try and validate whatever good i can ... in that life ... to the best of my abilities ... i don't even wait in silence for that to happen ... i keep writing ... till i feel it ... the day i don't ... i know i'm not feeling it ... learning detachment is too aspirational a goal for me ... for that i would need to be in the know about many things ... and i'm not ... like i said ... i'm silly serah ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All of this...for one poem...I am touched...You are all...beyond amazing...Thank You..

Posted 13 Years Ago


And You, Jeff...Thank You :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh Craig..thank You..indeed....thank You...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have confused the brilliant Serah? Oh I agree that often these decisions are not ours to make...this piece is more about the struggle to accept something that is happening..and realizing the need to let go with grace...to stop deluding oneself that something can work out..about taking a day to weep and going on the next with smiles..in a roundabout manner about learning detachment and simply accepting things as they come and go ...kind of...
Oh no...certainly not ...brilliant...
But thank You, dear Serah ...You know how deeply meaningful Your reviews are to me :)



Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2010
Last Updated on September 27, 2010

Author

A.A.Romanczuk
A.A.Romanczuk

NJ



About
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde Feel free to check out my first publis.. more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Poem by A.A.Romanczuk


Home Home

A Poem by A.A.Romanczuk



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..