the interview

the interview

A Story by B3AUTIFUllY INSAN3
"

This is for school so please give me any advice you can =] -kinny

"

Kindra Hill

4-13-2012

The Interview

            It was a beautiful bright and sunny day with a fresh breeze rolling in every so often. I called my Italian ex- boyfriend to do my interview. He is 20 years old and living in Texas at the time, with his mother. He was born in Phoenix, Arizona. His favorite food as a child was pizza; his favorite food now is alferdo pasta. “I think food is important because it shapes life based on how much and what you consume. The extravagant intake from a basic American is what will cause obesity”, his answer to my first question “What is your view on food and how it shapes life?” I chose to interview my ex because he loves food and his family is all about food.

            Right off the bat Roy asked me a question: “Why do you think food has become so exotic and detailed lately?” I had to really think about the question; I asked him to explain what he meant. He replied: “I think that food has changed so much lately do to the fact of our past passion of inventing and discovering new things to where food has become almost like and artistic life-style.” I proceeded to ask Roy, “Do you think that our cultures or heritage has affected food as well?” Roy responded with, “Our cultures have proven that changing and experiencing new and exciting things have enriched many people’s lives. One of the main reasons that I think food has changed so much is that when foreign settlers come to America, they bring new styles and arrangements for recipes. Ergo it changes what we as American’s already use as recipes that are not as surreal.”

            “How do you think food has affected your life?”  Roy replies with, “On a daily basis everyone consumes food. When a person does, they take into effect the amount of carbs, calories, and fat that is within the food. Sense I have not worried about these factors that come with food; I worry about the cost that comes with food today. Most people don’t truly consider the affect that food has on your wallet. When a person is buying food, say at a restaurant, they don’t really notice twelve bucks here at taco bell or the two for twenty deals at Applebee’s. After a time period of a week or two you will notice you are burning a hole in your pocket which is why I considered eating at home more than eating out.”

            “If you had to choose your last meal, what would it be” He replies with a “Can I pass?” I wish he could but this is the one question that I believe should be included in this final draft of the interview. I ask him “What makes it so hard to choose?” His response: “What makes it hard to choose is that there’s such a variety and combinations of food that is out there, that it is almost impossible to pick certain groups of food because of their unique qualities. Although if I should choose right now, I would say grilled Salmon, soaked in butter with steamed asparagus and alferdo noodles on the side. I would also have a glass of sweet Merlot.” My last question to Roy is “What is the meaning behind that meal?” After a long pause he says “I chose that meal because I find it elegant and I always pictured myself with a high-class ending.”

            In conclusion I have come to realize that there is more to food than many want to see. There are so many different cultures and religions that have their secret recipes and many cultures worship food. In America we have many different food cultures and unique dishes that even I would have trouble deciding what to choose for my last meal. Food has a very high value, weather it is fast food, restaurant food or simply just eating at the house we have to pay to get it and the money goes to the gas, energy and people that make it happen. Food is a precious commodity my friend and it always will be. 

© 2012 B3AUTIFUllY INSAN3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012

Author

B3AUTIFUllY INSAN3
B3AUTIFUllY INSAN3

WA



About
Hey my names Kindra. Im a mother of a beautiful little girl and am working very hard to make sure she has the world. Im currently going to school to become a Forensics Anthropologist and well im lovi.. more..

Writing