Who Killed Me?

Who Killed Me?

A Screenplay by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary

He shifted gear to 4, car racing at the speed of 120kmph. Deserted express highway somehow pushed him to accelerate more. He turned his phone silent and ignored all notifications.   Even he didn't know where he was heading to. Steering wheel never before experienced this rash driving. Overtaking too close. Whoever among the few cars and bikes he overtook was abusing him for his murderous driving. But how do he control himself? Credits for his overspeeding can be shared between the liquor dancing in his head and heartbreak he had faced tonight.  The car reached the speed of 150kmph and he is still pressing the accelerator. One more gear shift and it reached its maximum. The car tearing through the air. He didn't even know he was inviting his own death. The car was about to reach 200kmph when he saw himself approaching a U-turn through his blurred sight. Left hand on the hand brake and thumb tapping on its button. On the count of 3. He whispered under his breath. Between the three taps on the hand brake he slowed down a bit. Pulled the hand brake in a flash and circled the steering wheel to his right. On the big circular fourway, his car drifted on the road like a heavy metal on an ice block. Heated friction between car wheels and road caused the birth of smoke. Before the smoke could age and turn dense he freed the brake and started speeding his way back home. Only difference after the U-turn took place was his tears. He wished that his grief  could grow old and turn into happiness at the speed of his car. But nature works gradually, lets the pain settle deep inside and then starts to heal bit by bit. 
He parked his car, picked his phone, the screen lit up and showed time 1.45 am. Everyone was asleep. He slowly climbed stairs with heavy feet. He went and stood on the terrace where there was no railing. Four floors high. Crying quietly assuming he was alone at the terrace but he was not. Looking at the dark night horizon. His phone vibrated and he knew who it could be. He ignored it. He then opened his phone's gallery and click-zoomed the photo of his love. The other person hidden in the dark on the terrace couldn't tolerate it and pushed him.

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good one 😃. I really loved the story. It was sad when the mc got pushed.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2023
Last Updated on March 18, 2023