Session 4: Tech support notes from the Twitter incident.

Session 4: Tech support notes from the Twitter incident.

A Chapter by H.L. Cerveise
"

The user name has been redacted to protect the not so innocent.

"



Session 4: Tech support notes from the Twitter incident.



Hello this is Oisin. How may I help you?” Oisin says in his polite business voice.


What is WRONG with Twitter? I have a higher IQ than you so don't try to trick me!” The man shouts into the phone


Nothing that I am aware of sir, what is your problem and your user name sir.” Oisin calmly replies as he turns down the volume on his headset.


I don't have a problem YOU do!” He shouts again.


Sir your user name please and I can take a look at your account, maybe something happened to your account on our end.” This usually calms the user down when he confirms that it might not really be them that is the problem.


My user name is @rXXXXXXXXXXXXXp.” His voice is not as loud now.


Give me a second to look up your account,” Oisin types in the user name and starts looking at the account. “Now Dxxxxd what exactly is happening?”


Don't call me that, I don't like it! You are an imbecile!” His voice getting testy again.


No problem sir.” Again he keeps his voice calm. “So what is happening?”


I am not getting very many tweets anymore. I mean the ones I am getting are great because they say how TREMENDOUS I am, but I am just not getting enough of them.” Oision thinks now I at least know his problem.


Let me look at your account settings sir.” He talks calmly as he types on his keyboard


He goes into the settings and finds the problem right away. “Sir, I see the problem, you called in a couple of days ago and complained that you were getting to many nasty replies in your account. You asked the tech to block all countries that they came from. So they went through the logs of your account started blocking the countries. I see the only countries left unblocked are Saudi Arab and Russia.”


Oh......” Dxxxxd's voice paused and Oisin saw his chance to finish this call.


So sir, do you want me to remove those blocks?” He smiles to himself as he says it.


“No! It was all disgusting FAKE NEWS anyhow! You are a stupid and infective tech! You, are both mentally and physically weak. A total disgrace!” Dxxxxd shouts angrily then hangs up abruptly.


Oisin exhales softly in relief while shaking his head after the connection goes dead. He has visions of zombies in red hats chanting, “Lock Oisin Up!” He puts down his coffee and types an email to the rest of the tech support group saying if @rXXXXXXXXXXXXXp calls again give him the voodoo dead chicken waving instructions.






© 2018 H.L. Cerveise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
Added on December 6, 2018
Last Updated on December 7, 2018


Author

H.L. Cerveise
H.L. Cerveise

Penn Yan, NY



About
I am a computer consultant and creative writer. I should also tell you a number of my writings are inspired by on-line encounters I have in virtual worlds of various natures. Often these worlds spill .. more..

Writing