Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Robert Nicholls
"

This prologue is written as it would be on the back of a book. It is not meant to be the first chapter, and has nothing to do with the next chapter, just FYI.

"

“Please… Please, will you help me?”

 

Those words, the words that started it all, rang through Sly’s head as he leapt over yet another fallen, moss covered tree. His heart pounded in his ears while sweat ran off his chin and splashed to the hard, unforgiving ground below his bare feet. The weight of his beaten leather shield was barely noticeable, slung over his back as if just an extension of his shoulders. Swinging next to his left hip, the dagger given to him by his father flashed brightly as he passed through the rays of light that shined into the woods wherever there was a break in the canopy, causing the dagger to shimmer as if alive. Sly’s pointed ears honed in on the surrounding mile in search of any other enemies that could get in his way. His dark green eyes darted left and right with nearly super human speed, but all the while focused on his true path. All parts of his mind, body, and soul were concentrated on one goal; to get out alive.

 



© 2011 Robert Nicholls


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are certainly pulled immediately into the action. The writing is cleary and evocative. In a short time you are invested in Sly's destiny.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

601 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 12, 2011


Author

Robert Nicholls
Robert Nicholls

Rogers, AR



About
I have always loved writing, but I dropped out of the game for a while during the span of my life in which I gained a family, great job, and the rest of life's little pleasures. Now, after many years .. more..

Writing