Intro: Tara

Intro: Tara

A Chapter by Holly

Kyna was use to the city. Every day was the same. She got up, went out for coffee, maybe went shopping, and went home to binge watch Netflix. The weekends differed by adding in long nights at the club or drinking at a party. The same things happened every time she would go out. It started to become a boring habit that made her crave more to life than the norm. She had grown up in California moving place to place. She came from lots of money and never had to think about her choices.  She was 24 years old and felt that life was beginning to bore her. She sat in her penthouse high above the sky. She thought about how life was. Her father was a lawyer, but not the typical lawyer. He only went on trials with celebrities. He worked with actors, singers, hotel owners, franchise owners and even athletes. He had to be ready to take on any case. Her mother was the daughter of a movie director. She too had grown up moving around following her father’s footsteps to every gig. Kyna was the youngest. She had an older brother who too was in school to become a lawyer. Kyna never worried about work or bills. Her dad took care of everything. She even had weekly allowances due to her father not wanting her to work. But even after all of the things in her life she still felt like something was missing. It was something she just couldn’t put her finger on. Sure she had a fabulous life that anyone would have killed for, fame, money, friends, men, but it just never seemed like it was not enough.


          It was a usual Friday night when Kyna started getting ready to go down and meet up with some friends to the usual hangout night club. While working through her makeup she decided that she rather listen to the tv than her normal music. As she was applying her makeup the tv loudly started talking about a movie that was about to be on. It talked about love, war and slavery. Then it went on and talked about how confident a lady was in it. She turned, intrigued to what this story may hold. She remembered all of the stories in school about southern belles, the parties, the war where the south was defeated, and the slavery stories. She sat and stared at the tv. A story that Margaret Mitchel wrote. She kept watching as they talked about this movie. She had never seen an older movie. Especially one from way before the 90’s. the movie started and slowly showed different credits. She thought it was odd how instead of the end they had started at the beginning. She sat for a couple of minutes. Finally, the title scrolled onto the screen. “Gone with the Wind”. Intrigued she continued to watch as a southern belle named Scarlett talked to two red headed gentlemen. Her face was so beautiful and her white and green dress made Kyna swoon. She had always been interested in this era. What fun it would be to walk around in dresses for a day like these.


Before Kyna realized it, the movie was well on its way. She had already sat there for a few hours. But it was almost to an end. All she could think about was that Rhett Butler. What a handsome man. If only she had herself a Rhett. She was tired of all of the boys she dated. No one would chase her like Rhett would. They would simply just move on to the next. What was this thing that Scarlett kept chasing that lead to nothing? As the movie ended she had realized it was later than usual to leave for the club. But she knew that her friends would already be bouncing to the next one. She felt incomplete after the movie was over. What was she running for? She didn’t have anything stopping her yet she felt held behind. She walked back to her makeup counter and slowly took off her make up. She stared at her face. Yes she was young, she had a nice complexion and beautiful brown eyes that someone could get lost in. she had light brown hair that was longer than her shoulders and fell to her mid back. She wasn’t thin and she wasn’t big, but had a more of an hourglass shaped body. She laid her makeup wipes down and walked to lookout to the city. Her Penthouse seemed to be closed in by all of the buildings around her. The lights showed up from cars, stoplights and of course the nonstop sound.


She needed to get away.


She needed peace.


She needed the quiet.


She needed to run and find her freedom.


She needed Georgia.


She needed her Tara.



© 2016 Holly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on August 12, 2016
Last Updated on August 12, 2016
Tags: Tara, Gone with the wind, Kyna, Love, romance, south


Author

Holly
Holly

Floresville, TX



Writing
Kendra Rose Kendra Rose

A Poem by Holly