These Insights I Have Arrived At

These Insights I Have Arrived At

A Poem by Lexi Nicole
"

Behind each victory is a long train of suffering.

"

“These insights I have arrived at.”


And those who could be seen       
d-a-n-c-i-n-g were thought
to be
insane by those who
could not
hear the music.
~Anonymous.


We are fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
All the other people sitting back and watching, afraid to look too silly when they try to move their bodies- they are missing out on a great joy. So let our hearts leap and twirl and be merry as we sway to the rhythm of the drums. Life is too short to worry about such petty things. Other people will always have their own thoughts. Well, it doesn’t matter what they think. It only matters how you feel. So feel light with the music, feel 10 feet tall as you leap in the air, feel the joy as you let the music carry you.
Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.


Behind each victory is a long train of suffering.
We all suffer and we all feel pain, but what we don’t know is that we aren’t in it alone. We always feel like we’re sitting on the age of a monstrous, rocky cliff, looking out into a huge abyss where all we can see is fog. But if we take a minute to wipe away all the tears that are clouding our vision we will be able to see all the other people who feel the same away. If we swallow our pride we could reach out for help. We could hold each other’s hands, help each other. We walk by hundreds of people every day, and we shove past them without an “excuse me”. We don’t give them a second thought, because the only thing that matters in the world is ourselves. But they have a story, too, a long one written over many years and we can have to take the time to listen to them and realize that in this world everybody is going through something terrible and everybody needs help. If we all just stopped worrying about ourselves and our own lives and worked a little bit harder to help other people maybe things would start to look up for each and every one of us.
Tomorrow’s success begins today.


Can’t is a four letter word that means i refuse to try.
We cannot sit back and watch in wonder as people do amazing things. We can sit around and hope for the abilities to do all of these things ourselves. If you want to do something then you have to try. You have to get up and try. Push your fears away (for there is nothing to fear but fear itself). Close your eyes and take a leap of faith and trust that no matter what happens God will see you through. If you fail, then you fail, but at you least you had the courage to try. Write a ridiculous poem, sing loud and off-key, dance to the music in your head, doodle all over a blank page, jump even though you might fall.
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are
doomed if you don't try.

 

 


If you feel like you need to cry, cry
Don’t be ashamed of the tears
They have to fall sometime


If you feel like you need to sing, sing
Don’t worry about the notes
There’s no need to be perfect

 


Save your trust for the people who truly deserve it. Your family, your closest friends. They are the ones who will hold your hand, hug you tight, tell you everything is going to be ok, and then, days later, when you’re feeling better, they’re the ones who laugh with you, make lighthearted jokes, and leave the breakdowns as a thing of the past.

 


Trust is like a house of cards. It takes a lot of work to build it and make it perfectly stable. You have to put all the pieces carefully in place. But just one wrong move, one touch in the wrong spot, and the whole thing will come crashing down. And usually, when that happens, you’re wary of building the whole thing over again.

 


Be immature.
Growing old is
mandatory.
Growing up is optional.
So have fun and enjoy the pleasures of life.
But remember to put on a serious face,
And a more mature mind when the situation calls for it.

 


Have faith.
                Hope will get you through the rain. Faith will get you through the whole
storm.
                Trust God, love God, but don’t be afraid to be angry with Him now and again. We all have those moments when we question Him. There are times when things get so bad we don’t want to believe anymore. Don’t worry. He’ll find you again, and He’ll welcome you home. When you’re ready, you’ll find him again- in a song, in a book, in a breeze- and it will feel like you were never apart.

 


Be confident. You are beautiful (in every single way. words can’t bring you VdownV.       
-->"Promise me you'll always
remember:
You're
braver than you believe, and
stronger
than you seem, and
smarter than you think." - A. A. Milne

 


In the end
It doesn’t matter
What we had in terms of material possessions
It doesn’t matter
How smart we were
Or how popular
It doesn’t matter
If we had wads of cash in our pockets
Or if we ate at four-star restaurants
It doesn’t matter
How pretty people thought we were
Or if the jokes we told were funny
It doesn’t matter
If we wore designer jeans
Or shopped at the best stores
It matter that we loved
And we were loved
That we trusted
And were trusted
That we gave
And that we received
That we cried
That we laughed
That we comforted
And that we were comforted
That we lived with open hearts and open minds
And that we filled the hearts and minds of others.
©©©

 


“Walking with a friend
In the
dark
Is better than walking alone
In the light.”
-Helen Keller

 


“These insights I have arrived at.”

 

 



© 2010 Lexi Nicole


Author's Note

Lexi Nicole
Yes, it's another reflection for my theology class. This one has a lot in it because I was feeling a little down when I finished it up and I was trying to cheer myself up. Hope you enjoy it :3

It's formatted all weird in MS Word so WC has its own weird way of formatting it, it seems. It's bothering me...But I'll try and fix it later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love love love love love
X a billion
insights are wonderful, and these are exquisite.

- Hershey's Kiss

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
A wonderful piece. Outstanding penmanship.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the format too....the message is amazing! I think you should get a high(or perfect score) on this! I think this has very helpful insite on the topics you've explored here.
Really wonderful write!
-kelli:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like the format for this one, actually, I think it should stay but only if you want it to. You know I love these little theology thingy-ma-bobs. I mean, they're just...always really amazing to read. I just gotta remember it's YOU that's writing them, you always seem to take on another form when you speak through these, you know?

Anyway, I loved this one, and I liked how long it was. Only thing is that you have one tiny typo "We always feel like we’re sitting on the age of a monstrous, rocky cliff," shouldn't it be edge? XD anyway, the review box is being weird so I have to stop, but I really loved it, like always. Great work

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Lexi Nicole
Lexi Nicole

NY



About
Live. Love. Write. I'm 20 years old. I've been writing since I was 4. Writing is more than just a hobby. It's my passion, my drug, my therapy and my life. twitter.com/snarkvenger iaintbegginw.. more..

Writing