A Correspondence

A Correspondence

A Story by howlinwolf
"

A short passage I wrote as a result of a writing prompt which hypothesised that the Devil saw himself as someone carrying out his deeds because they were necessary.

"

The below is my own take on a writing prompt where the Devil is actually just carrying out what he perceives as ‘necessary’ actions. God is an idiot. I have sat and watched the great ‘Almighty’ wistfully staring at his creation and muttering to himself “Well that shouldn’t be happening.” What does he do though? Nothing. Nothing is exactly what he does. I remember during one particularly bad day for the Big Chief I asked him why those children were being suited up with armour and being handed a rifle by their parents, all of which was my own doing of course. Do you know what he said? “All creatures have been created with free will.” Have you ever heard anything more preposterous? Giving an entire species the choice to do what they will? And yet the other Angels called me the mad one. I’ve seen him wince at the violence, you know. He doesn’t think I notice but I do. The eras of grimacing every time one of his special creatures carries out another gruesome act have cut into his weary face. Don’t get me wrong, ageing in itself is no crime but the years wasted watching over a doomed creation should certainly be deemed as one, don’t you think? He even stopped shaving after they killed his son (don’t even get me started on that coward). A long beard now hangs from poor old God’s forlorn face. but let’s face it he rolled the dice with this creation and the sky is crumbling around him as a result. If I had to put it in a nutshell I’d say I’m simply helping him to see the errors he made during his first build. I can give you an example, do you remember that young man Che Guevara that fought other creatures for his so-called freedom? He said the following once: “I am not Christ or a philanthropist, old lady, I am all the contrary of a Christ. I fight for the things I believe in, with all the weapons at my disposal and try to leave the other man dead so that I don’t get nailed to a cross or any other place.” God didn’t like it when I put those ideas into little Guevara’s head but I had to show him, everything he has created wants to own everything they lay their eyes on and they sure as hell won’t get it by asking nicely or helping others. Now look at the worship that has soaked Che Guevara in glory. Chief can be so naive at times, it’s baffling. Before I go I would like to sign this correspondence off with one of my greatest feats, the Catholic Church. His own Son had a direct hand in setting up this institution of worship so naturally I seen it as my main objective. I had to show Him that everything corrupts and in the end we are simply alone. It was very easily done in truth, I didn’t give the Church any direct ‘evil’ power. I gave the common people fear. This is what powers my actions you see. Fear.

© 2017 howlinwolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 6, 2017
Tags: Prose, Story, Devil, Fiction, Letter

Author

howlinwolf
howlinwolf

Derry, Derry, Ireland



About
I'm an aspiring writer and musician from Ireland. I write lyrics as well as prose. more..

Writing
Hesitate Hesitate

A Poem by howlinwolf