You Don't Understand

You Don't Understand

A Poem by child of God
"

You don't understand tell you get to know me Get to know me and you will understand me But in tell then ..........

"
You don't understand me.
You will never understand me.
So just shut up and leave me alone.
Let me be me
Yes I cut
No I don't want to die
I just cut
I let the emptiness out
You want me to stop
Well you don't understand
Why I do it
So how can you expect me
To stop when you don't understand
I'll stop when you finally
Understand why

© 2013 child of God


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to be a cutter as well. I usually did it either when the bullying was especially bad or when I had my worst fights with my mom, who has a very authoritarian parenting style. Your motivation may be different, but I did it because it was the only pain I could control.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah this is a read that is close to me... It hurts to know that someone else is hurting and honestly makes me sad... I wish I could help, tell you it would be okay but you're right, I don't understand, I don't know how you feel and I don't know your situation but it doesn't mean I don't care.

Posted 10 Years Ago


child of God

10 Years Ago

Hi thank you for the nice words and you got a point to someone may not understand but that d.. read more
Very compelling, I feel like this is directed at someone in particular, someone you love, or feel betrayed by possibly, don't give up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


But if we let you...you'd be dead...and we would have a little less in the world...and we know how little there is in the world...delusion is a mask but we really need everyone..its just to much to admit that for most .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quite a strong topic here which I imagine many people won't know how to respond to. The anger and cry of independence in this poem are quite heart-breaking, an emotive piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

child of God
child of God

edmond , OK



About
My name is Stephanie Phillips I am 25 years old I have been writing for nearly seven years I'm a mother of two kids daughter's autistic with apraxia of speech son adhd and I am an autistic woman who .. more..

Writing