Just Breathe

Just Breathe

A Poem by hulsehodges
"

relax. breathe. write.

"
Write. Slowly. Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Clear Your Mind. Let it go. L.E.T. I.T. G.O. Listen. Look. Feel…

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1…

What do you hear? The wind attempting to whisper secrets in my ear. Far off voices rising and falling. Cars coming and going. Families. The quiet swoosh of my pen as it crosses the page. The hum-trickle-hum of the fish tank.

What do you see? Blue skies playing peek-a-boo between gray, flat clouds. Browns. Muted-reds. Yellows. The grass is still green. A sluggish bumble-bee. Tiny ripples in the bird bath. A ladybug on my page, alive like my words! Tree tops sway. A bouquet of mums giggles in the wind. The click of consonants and the gentle rolling of vowels. Words�"incredible. The blue of the ink striking the page, spiraling up, down, around and across…it is as if life is exhaled across the page.

Barely-grape pages
Vanilla clouds
A Chocolate sweater
Raspberry jam eyeglasses

What do you feel? The whisper of a breeze touching the tendrils of curls at the back of my neck. The warmth of sunshine on my denim jeans.

The soft lilac pages of my journal. The brilliant cobalt-blue ink of my pen. The long shadow of my hand and pen on the page. Every blank line a canvas ready to be painted.

© 2010 hulsehodges


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautiful piece, dear sweetness, beautiful peace.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is such a perfect lesson in contemplation.. in finding that release we all need from anxieties and worry.. listening to our breath and reflecting on the beauty of life. Wondrous write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great "in the moment" sculpture. Very three dimensional and tactile. This is the gem in the sea of creativity:
Barely-grape pages
Vanilla clouds
A Chocolate sweater
Raspberry jam eyeglasses

Excellent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very relaxing. Reminds me of late spring mornings. I miss those days

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ach, I confess I see a rival hand at work :)))

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is quite a delightful conversation the author has with herself. Trying to coax the mind and muse into action, just the process presents itself as art. Very nice writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010

Author

hulsehodges
hulsehodges

Walton, NY



About
Writing helps me to breathe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan