Confessions of an Alcoholic

Confessions of an Alcoholic

A Poem by hulsehodges

Your whispers screamed to me all day…wasn’t that enough??? STOP. Go away.
I’m begging you to leave me alone. I gave you everything once. My family, my husband, my career, I almost gave you my life�"and yet your whispers scream to me.

I can’t think. I can barely breathe. Someone speaks, but their voice is far off and muted.

Your whispers scream to me�"roaring in my ears and exploding through my head. Please. Please. Please???? Please stop screaming your whispers.
I am over-tired. I am hungry. I need to be held and loved and soothed, but I can NOT because your whispers scream to me and distract me from sleep, food, love--breath.

Your whispers scream to me.

© 2010 hulsehodges


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOw that seems like a powerful conviction

Posted 13 Years Ago


whispers screamed. There's an urgency here. The connection with breathing is helping to drive that urgency. Distracting whispers.... something a bit different. I want to know more about the whispers, the motivations behind the whispers, the relationship to the whispers... the reactions, consequences and symptoms of their manipulations are crystal here, but what of the whispers?

Very dramatic, strong, I think the urgency gets through to me the most. Powerful stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2010
Last Updated on September 12, 2010

Author

hulsehodges
hulsehodges

Walton, NY



About
Writing helps me to breathe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..