My Cat Owns A Dinosaur

My Cat Owns A Dinosaur

A Story by BlueShadow

Seattle, Washington was affluent, pretty, and booming with jobs. It was the year 2018 and people were overall content with their lives. The Space Needle, the rain, and the cold were still a part of Seattle after all these years. Seattle was known for its muggy weather and also for its busy inhabitants. Still, people liked Seattle for the coastline, the huge job market, and the beautiful homes that people lived in. Seattle was known for many things, and its neighborhoods were known for their unique characteristics. Seattle was also where West End, a picturesque, quaint neighborhood with kind denizens and colorful, old homes existed.

West End was a square mile large neighborhood that housed about three hundred people. Its homes were all different colors and were fairly expensive, even by Seattle standards. West End was known for its kind inhabitants, and one inhabitant in particular, Jonathan, who lived there because he was raised there.

Jonathan was a twenty-three year old man who owned a bakery and lived at 1829 Old Cottage Drive in the center of West End. He loved his job as a baker, and also liked to garden and clean out his home every once in a while. However, sometimes he liked to go on long walks around West End and inhale the fresh, autumn air that his neighborhood was famous for. Walking calmed down his nerves, so he loved to walk and take a drive every once in a while. West End was replete with trees, homes, fences, and Jonathan’s famous bakery.

Jonathan’s bakery, Bread Utopia, was known for its baguettes, croissants, ham sandwiches, and jam. He made it all himself, and sold them himself, too. Bread Utopia was renowned for its beautiful interior and big dining area with chairs and tables. He loved his job as a baker, and earned more than a hundred grand per year. 

Jonathan loved his bakery and also his home, a three-story cottage in the middle of West End. His home was known for being very colorful and also very decorative. His home had a large lawn and also had a backyard with a small pool in it. He really lived the life in his home. His home also housed his pet, Ruby, a tabby cat.

Ruby was Jonathan’s other love besides his bakery and whenever he got home he hugged his cat and pet her and loved hearing her meow and purr. Ruby was a kind cat who loved Jonathan, too. Ruby was a tabby cat who loved beef cat food and also liked to play with strings. Jonathan owned Ruby for nearly ten years so it was remarkable how Ruby was still healthy, as ten is old for a cat. 

One day, as Jonathan was returning home from a day at the bakery, he went inside his home to the living room and saw Ruby standing on her toes and casting some sort of spell on something. Jonathan couldn’t believe his eyes and looked at Ruby and then at it. IT. A triceratops! Jonathan was stunned at what Ruby was doing and then Ruby looked at Jonathan and stopped the spell on the triceratops and leapt from the living room table to the floor and then ran downstairs to the basement and hid.
Jonathan couldn’t believe what he saw. Did he just see Ruby summoning a dinosaur? Jonathan said, “What on Earth! I can’t believe it! Ruby is a witch?” Ruby came from the basement albeit slowly and went up to Jonathan and rubbed her head against his foot. Jonathan asked Ruby, “How long has this been going on?” Ruby just stared and hopped onto the dining room table and licked her fur. Jonathan was amazed that Ruby could summon a triceratops. He and Ruby decided to work together when doing witchcraft, and never looked at his pet Ruby ever again in the same way.

© 2021 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on December 9, 2019
Last Updated on May 11, 2021
Tags: cat, dinosaur, humor

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing