The Sommelier

The Sommelier

A Story by BlueShadow

The Sommelier


Marco Caneza was a thirty-three-year-old Italian man who had spent most of his days tasting different wines such as Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay, and inhaling the wonderful and poignant aromas that the wines gave off. He was a sommelier, an expert in the making and drinking of wines. Marco was astute, keen, and composed, qualities that made him an excellent connoisseur of wines. He loved tasting them and enjoying their wonderful wine properties. Chardonnay was his favorite wine, and he adored its lovely and awesome taste.

One day, he asked his boss, “Can I borrow a bottle of that red wine please?” His boss replied, “Sure. You’ve been working here for a long time and your wonderful and much-appreciated work has earned you the right to drink your wine as you please.” Marco smiled and took the bottle home and drank it with some smoky salmon. It was a fine and delicious meal, extravagant and amazing. 

Marco was an exceptionally knowledgable person full of experience and book smarts that he gained from his studies of the wine making process. Marco was a remarkably kind person, too. He adored his house, his life, and his pet. Winemaking was a wonderful thing to study and observe, and he loved doing it. 

© 2023 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 23, 2023
Last Updated on April 23, 2023

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing