Gabe Parker

Gabe Parker

A Story by BlueShadow

   Gabe Parker loved going to the park and sat down on the bench feeling good about himself. He loved his life because it was full of good things such as his parents, his home, and his job. Gabe was thirty years old and enjoyed having a wonderful time at the park because there was a trail, a restaurant, and a library. Gabe loved going to the park because he enjoyed life at the park and the things that he could do there. Gabe loved the park also because he could meet friendly people. Gabe thought that the park was fun, interesting, and lively. He loved going to the park because he spent hours there daydreaming and thinking about all the wonderful and amazing things he was going to spend his day on.

Gabe enjoyed eating at the restaurant at the park which was called, “Elbow’s” and thought that the restaurant was wonderful and beautiful, as well as cozy and warm. Gabe loved going to the restaurant because he thought that it served delicious food like fries and burgers, as well as having friendly customers whom he often chatted with. Gabe loved going to the restaurant because it was so wonderful and fun to be there. Gabe thought that the park was extraordinarily beautiful and blessed with good weather, a playground full of children, as well as a beautiful surrounding. 

One day, while he was at the park, he found a gold coin on the trail he usually went on. The gold coin had an eagle inscribed on it and a tree on the other side. The gold coin was extraordinarily beautiful, being bronze in color and weighing a few grams. Gabe was so excited to have seen a beautiful coin like this and decided to keep it for future inspection. Gabe went to the pawn store near his home and was stunned that his gold coin was worth about a thousand dollars. Gabe was so excited and went home and kept the coin under his bed so that he could see it for further usage. Gabe was so happy that he discovered something so precious, beautiful, and valuable. Gabe was excited that his gold coin was valuable and interesting. He went on his computer and decided to look something up on his computer. 

He found out on the internet that his gold coin was from the 1950’s and was quite rich in history. During this time, the gold coin was made in Maryland where gold coins were minted and printed. Gabe was so happy to have found something like his gold coin, and decided that he was going to go to the park to see whether or not more valuable things like this could be found. He went to the park and found out that there was nothing monetarily valuable like his gold coin. He went home disappointed and decided to sleep where he dreamt of finding rubies, sapphires, and emeralds in the park. Gabe loved thinking about things like these, and thought his life was made more beautiful by precious things. 

© 2024 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on March 9, 2024
Last Updated on March 9, 2024

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing