Mess

Mess

A Poem by Hyorin

You were a beautiful mess when I first saw you. 
Do you remember? I do. To me, it seemed like yesterday. You wore a dress with a bluish tint, strolling over the sands, flanked by towering verdancy. The serpentine cobblestone paths that wound through the trees seemed to complement your countenance.  However, you never seemed happy. Your bloodshot eyes, it reminded me of the setting sun. Your nebulous veneers, the surfeit times you stood on that stage, your smile...it never seemed real.

The stage was your solace. It was a blanket of stars for you. You had no one but your masks. You lost yourself in the azure blue sea, you conceded your soul. Each time the tides receded, bits and pieces of you seemed to come back. The ceaseless ebb and flow of the tides, it reminded me of the endless screams in your mind, as you tried to conceal that deafening silence. Again...and again...and again... I wasn't sure what to do. After all, you tried drowning your demons, proceeding to drown your sorrows when you realised your demons could swim. I never saw it coming though. It was me. I never realised that rapid progression of drowning. Before I knew it, you were in a better place, where the demons cannot find you.

I was never good enough for you. You turned to the night sky in solitude, but I was never a star. All that remained was an inky blackness. It consumed you...it ate away at your soul until there was nothing left. I never noticed. I was too caught up in my pragmatic desires, entrapped in rapacity. I never noticed that your dress was stained scarlet, as you tried multiple times, for you believed that physical pain could somehow stifle your demons.

Perhaps, that scarlet was beautiful. After all, you were a setting sun. You evanesced, becoming one with the sea. Your rocky waves transitioned into a calming tide, but my torrent of thoughts will never fade. I left you in an endless abyss of darkness, and now the demons hunt me, with a neverending bloodlust.

You were a beautiful mess, your canvas was a kaleidoscope of colours.

© 2017 Hyorin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Hyorin,
What a beautiful piece of writing, you perfectly intertwined nature into the dark scenes and made it exquisite!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hyorin

7 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2017

Author

Hyorin
Hyorin

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore



About
♤ 17, turning 18 this April ♧ hardcore game and anime enthusiast ♡ poetry ♢ maple ○ league ☆ more..

Writing
Rejection Rejection

A Poem by Hyorin


Pagan Pagan

A Poem by Hyorin