Context

Context

A Poem by Hyorin

I remember when I first met you.
It was a rainy school day, and the lack of sleep and the immense stress was getting to me. I was standing slumped, and my eyes threatened to close at any time. The world was black and white, and nothing really seemed particularly worth living for. Then you came and brought along all the colours with you. My life was a boring painting with black squiggles over white canvas, and you were a kaleidoscope of colours and as you walked, my world was painted. The cherry blossoms cascading down as you took those patterned footsteps, like the steady beat of the song of life itself. As the princess took her steps, the flowers and birds around her grew and flourished, and the monotony of life is drowned out by the mellifluous animal calls. She poised herself and a butterfly sat on her finger, and squirrels and foxes paved the path. As you walked past me that August, bringing along the melodious symphonies of life and beauty - the world was beginning to see colour again.

"Spring will be here soon. Spring, the season I met you, is coming."

*inspired by Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso*

© 2017 Hyorin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful, I can feel the emotions you attempted to convey here perfectly!
Great usage of diction as well, your word choice was a quintessential part of why I enjoyed this so much.

Happy writings,
Piffinbottom

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hyorin

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2017

Author

Hyorin
Hyorin

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore



About
♤ 17, turning 18 this April ♧ hardcore game and anime enthusiast ♡ poetry ♢ maple ○ league ☆ more..

Writing
Rejection Rejection

A Poem by Hyorin


Pagan Pagan

A Poem by Hyorin