One

One

A Chapter by hyperwriter

 

I wish that something would happen. Anything at all, really. I always dream about my life being more like a book. With heroes, not likely heroes, and the bad guys. I know it seems silly, but this is what I want. Nothing ever happens to me, and if it does it’s never good. I feel trapped, and only my dreams keep me from dying of boredom. It’s sad really. So please, let something happen, soon. I took a huge breath of air and blew it all out, trying to blow out all my sixteen candles. Everyone cheered. I looked up and smiled.
“What did you wish for?” My best friend Caroline whispered in my ear.
“I can’t tell you, or it won’t come true.” I replied smirking. She should know by now that I wasn’t ever going to tell her my birthday wishes. I mean really, she’s only been to, maybe, thirteen of my parties.
 She sighed.” Whatever.” Then we both burst into giggles, because this was exactly like the conversation we had from my third birthday up until last year.
“We seriously need to get lives.” I stage whispered. All of our other friends replied” Yeah you do, “in unison. I rolled my eyes.
“Thanks you guys.” Then I opened my gifts. Money, money, gift card, money. Yay! At east I have nothing to return this year. I laughed and thanked everyone for coming, as they trailed out of the door. Once everyone but Caroline was gone I jumped up and down. “I can buy a new laptop!” Caroline laughed, but started happy dancing with me, out of habit. This made me laugh harder. Before we could control it, we were rolling on the ground crying and gasping for air, we couldn’t control our laughter.


© 2008 hyperwriter


Author's Note

hyperwriter
unfinnished

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on December 21, 2008


Author

hyperwriter
hyperwriter

bridgewater, MA



About
I love reading and writing books. Music is another love of my life. more..

Writing