Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Junoh7

   It began as a mere idea. An afterthought, to which higher officials pushed away to the back of their minds. When was our Beginning? Our End? Time itself, is undefinable. To not worry about either scenarios was relieving. Forgotten, until the time came. Many argue our curiosity ended our world, the definition we call home. Our realm of safety. But we cannot forget this beginning, we cannot push it to the back of our minds, as if we are embarrassed or ashamed. We must remember our wrongs and continue to fix them, as if they were broken objects. Of all people, we should know, that no one can change their past or the past of another.
    No, we cannot fix this beginning that we forged.
    We were like the others before us, this we cannot deny. The darkness that dwells in us all, waiting. Some call it Greed, others: Power. It is only natural, that the human race is competitive, along with many other species. It is simply survival. Our instinct to live. And that is how we thought of the idea. Our world was dying, long before the Incident. And we have no one to blame but our own actions. We cannot force the memories of our Beginning away. If we keep it locked away, soon to be forgotten, then what will we have left? It is all we have. Would we not all agree that humiliation is a small price to pay, than to lose everything we've known? Everyone we've loved? A very, small price indeed.
    The idea was to escape. To gather our loved ones and the things that we cherished most. It was our will to survive, our selfishness. We turned away from the solutions to fix these problems of ours, but all we wanted was a way out. To let someone else carry our burden.
    My great-great grandfather was the chief engineer of the ship. He designed many features of the vessel. He created our escape. We might have been ashamed of this then, but we mostly now, owe him our lives.
    It was a massive plan. Its construction began over two hundred years ago. We rebuilt the rusted, unused parts of the ship many times over again. We hid it away from the world, so that it could serve only one purpose. Now, all that's left is a tale to tell to all that will listen. A tale of our journey to find another home, another world. Our story of the ones we lost, the ones we loved. The story of our victory over unbeatable odds. This is the story of our will to live.
    This is our Legacy.


- Captain's Log -
Reserved Duty



© 2012 Junoh7


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012


Author

Junoh7
Junoh7

MS



About
www.junoh7.tumblr.com more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Junoh7


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Junoh7


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Junoh7