Forever Bound - Chapter 3

Forever Bound - Chapter 3

A Story by ilikecereal1997
"

chapter three of forever bound.

"

Three

 

 

My walk home was a total disaster. I think I fell at least three times before I had even walked fifteen feet from the school gates. We were going to be in for one hell of a storm, and as if things could not get any worse, it started to rain. No, not to rain, that is describing the downpour softly - like comparing the entire ocean to a teaspoon of water. By the time the School sign that read the school name was out of sight, which is not very far if your eyes are full of water, my shoes were soaked through and I was so cold I could have turned to ice, stupid weather. It only took a few minutes to get home from school, but as I turned into the court that leads to my house, I felt like I had been walking for ages.

I opened the mahogany door, fumbling with my small silver key and went inside. The hallway was so warm that I started to shiver convulsively. I always thought it was weird how when you are out in the cold that you only feel it when you are back in the warm. 

“Anna?” I called hoping that if she were in then he would think to bring a towel.

No answer. I slipped off my sopping trainers, water pouring out of them, and drenching my socks and my jumper and dumped them on a nearby chair. I called again. Well that is weird. Anna was normally in during the day. I dragged my feet over to the fridge, opened the white door, delving in and grabbing some cold pizza we had had for dinner the night before. It wasn’t bad but I was already too cold so I stuck it in the microwave for a minute. I went to shut the fridge door and notices a yellow sticky note stuck on the door.

Cam, I’ve gone for supplies. Food's in fridge.

Anna.

But that was it. No indication as to where she was, as usual. Nothing. It was as if she was just in a hurry to be out again - Big surprise. I could not remember the last time I had actually seen her. Gladys was the emergency housekeeper. She is only over when my Anna was going to be out for a long time. Otherwise, my aunt would just leave me look after myself, She had trained me so, But Gladys was at an art show tonight... Great, I had the house all to myself. The microwave emitted a loud, electronic-sounding beep and I went to put the note in the bin and get my food. After I had done that, I went upstairs, my legs heavy with the strain from fighting those horrendous winds. When I walked in to my bedroom, I set my plate down on the smooth, furnished desk in the corner, opposite my deep-purple bed and slumped down in my leather desk chair. It was so good to sit down. My whole body was floppy, as if I had no bones. I closed my eyes. I would have liked to sit there forever but I sighed as I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I rushed brushing my teeth and slipped out of my damp clothes. The showers warm blasts removed the last of my shivers and I started to feel drowsy and warm as I got out of the shower towelled and got into my pyjamas. Okay, well, they are not really pyjamas, just comfortable clothes that are so comfortable that pyjamas are the only use for them. I felt light and comforted by the heated steam around me as I opened the door and stumbled back across the hallway and to my room- freezing compared to the bathroom. My pizza was cold by now and I would not have been able to eat it anyway, I was excessively tired. I climbed into bed and curled up in my thick covers, wrapped myself up in a ball locking all the heat inside my body. I switched on my TV in front me and flicked through the channels. I cannot remember falling asleep, only the horrid dreams that came after I was sleeping. Then the whispers came to me.

 

It was me, or me but a lighter me, watching over the place. The mountains and glens surrounded by trees and shrubs opening up to a natural clearing, The trees stirred and I saw Anna moving with amazingly coordinated grace through the trees and into the long grass of a clearing. There was a light in the sky was comforting at first but as I watched it come closer, it seared my vision and blinding me. I got that sensation where my whole body was alert and ready �" even if this was only a dream. Anna had her gun cocked, on the tips of her toes she peered around and she was alert, sweeping the area as I had seen her do countless times before. There was a noise off in the trees and I glanced over to where the light was hovering in the distance, slightly above the trees but still a few miles away from Anna. I saw them coming, silent, deadly and in for the kill as they stalked her. I wanted to call out to her and tell her about the light and following danger but when I opened my mouth, no sound came out. I was something less than a ghost was and I was stuck to watching in the side lines as whatever was going to happen went down.

I knew there was a danger then because of the coldness that sent itself down my spine and the light reddish tinge that clouded over my vision slightly. The fire scorched through the trees and right then I knew it was fire because it was burning me as well, crisping up my skin like beef-jerky. My silent screams went unnoticed and my tears of pain went ignored as Anna went about the clearing �" looking like she was trying to hide something in the nearby bushes and trees. Whatever it was had been hidden before the burning reached her but she did not stand a chance of outrunning it. The light was burning the trees but there was no smoke, no sign of the fire. Anna peered over her shoulder as if she had finally realised the danger and sprinted in-humanely fast northward. The fire followed and struck the ground in six points around her, creating a circle that she could not escape. I lost sight of her and I lost sight of the Suckers at that point I think the pain became too much and I fell from the sky...

...and landed hard on the floor of my bedroom.

© 2011 ilikecereal1997


Author's Note

ilikecereal1997
please leave hints and comments whatever you can think of that might help me

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 5, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011

Author

ilikecereal1997
ilikecereal1997

Dingwall, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
i am 14. i have short black hair which people say id bootifuwll but i dont really think so. . i LOVE reading.. understatement. and writing. i am writing a book right now called 'Forever Bound' :D som.. more..

Writing