Forever Bound chapter 6

Forever Bound chapter 6

A Story by ilikecereal1997
"

chapter 6 of my book i am writing.

"

Six

 

 

The day was as boring as usual. First period went by in a blur, lunch was boring as usual �" well it normally is boring to sit at a table all on your own, and everything else, to me, is ancient history. I was sitting in seventh period biology class and Mr Herte was explaining something about cell organism patterns or something, I wasn’t really listening. My mind was wondering far out into the distance. Through the window, over the hills and across the fields my mind travelled until something… black, something hard, and ghastly. Something that made me feel nauseous flitted across the outlines of my vision. It literally made me just out of my seat and as I fell towards the hard linoleum floor I only had time to register someone shouting before my head smacked off the hard floor with a crack. My vision swam and my head was exploding with pain and because of the screaming inside my head I couldn’t concentrate on Mr Herte telling everyone to take their seats or the people surrounding me.

No! Leave her!

Voices, all hypnotic and all very, very loud, echoing in a way that made my ears ring. If I could have looked up I would have seen the shadowy and sickening blackness descending upon me but the fact was I couldn’t. I simply couldn’t. The voices were getting louder and it was starting to get too much. Way too loud. It was too much, too much; this amount of volume screaming inside my head, it was an absolute miracle that I had been able to last this long with Apparently it was too much because at that moment I let out a sigh and the remaining colour left in my vision faded into blackness.

 

#

 

I woke with my vision tear-streaked and my mind fuzzy. I tried sitting up and my head swam. I groaned and tried to blink through the tears. I was lying in my bed at home with my head propped up by a few feather pillows that I recognised from the living room downstairs. My head hurt and felt twice the size that it usually did. Oh, god it hurt. Anna sat in a chair near my cupboards, her head in her hands and her tears silent. I peered around, saw the outlines of brown boxes, and re-examined my room to see that everything I owned was either in a box or in a bag. We were moving on again.

“Anna?” my croaky voice surprised me and Anna’s head slowly swung up. She looked awful, understatement. Her mascara was running and snot was dripping from the end of her nose. Her short, boyish hair was matted and mud clarted her hands. “Are we leaving?” my voice was coated with the confusion of a person who’d just woken up.

“We have to Cam. We haven’t got a choice.” She stood up and pulled me to my feet, steadying me when I stumbled.

“Why do we always have to leave?” I asked.

“Because, if we hadn’t left all those towns then I assure you we would be dead by now.” Her words were like melting ice and she slumped as disappointment crossed her face. It was so swift, was gone in a matter of milliseconds but it had been there and I couldn’t shake the feeling that she was disappointed with me. “If it were up to me then we wouldn’t have had to leave Cardiff but I didn’t have a choice.” She stood up and left the room, hanging by the door a few seconds before she left to say, “Look through these boxes and put it into 2 piles, keep, and throw. The keep pile has to be less than three boxes. Put everything else in a bag and put it in the bin.”

I sighed. Nothing better than a good clear up, I told myself. I lowered myself down and started to sort through the contents. It took me a couple hours but I finally finished. Standing up slowly and shrinking away from the pins and needles that shot up my leg I ambled over towards the door and, switching on the hall light so that I could see through the darkness. I glanced into the further end of the hallway and gasped when I saw the gruesome sight that awaited my eyes. Rushing forward I dropped to my knees, too shocked to notice that the liquid that stained my jeans was blood, fresh and warm and running from the new wound on Gladys’ neck. It flowed over her clothes and down into the carpet that was quickly turning from beige to a dark brown.

This was not happening. It couldn’t… no, this wasn’t real… it isn’t possible… NO!

My mind searched for a plausible explanation but none came to me. Gladys had been with Anna and me through it all. Everywhere we went she came too. It pained my heart completely to kneel there over her cooling, dead body. I didn’t realise I was crying until the hot, salty liquid dripped from my nose and onto her blouse. I swallowed to stop myself from throwing up. THIS! WAS! NOT! REAL! It can’t be… my throat felt thick and I was hyperventilating.

My hands were shaking as I gently shook her shoulders, “Gladys? Gladys, wake up. Gladys… please! Please? Okay. Open your eyes. Please…” my words dissolved and I couldn’t get anything more out for the tears tumbling down my face. The look of complete shock and hatred frozen on Gladys’ face was enough to make my shoulders shake again. Eventually I couldn’t prevent the bile and vomit swirling in my throat from bursting through. Rushing to the bathroom I almost tripped as I flung myself towards the toilet and threw up. I was so shaken and weak that I didn’t hear the door creaking open and the man who stepped up behind me. What I did notice was the knife that suddenly pressed itself into my throat. My hands flew up to try to dislodge it slightly but it didn’t help a tiny bit.

“Well ‘ello there girly! ‘ Ow are we then on this fine day!” his voice was sandpapery and his mouth was so close to my ear that I involuntarily shuddered, making the knife press slightly deeper but deep enough to draw beads of blood. Even in my state of shock, I was able to react �" snapping my head back, right into the man’s nose. The knife pressed in deeper and then the pressure was gone.

“S**t! My f*****g nose! You little brat is gonna pay for this!” he was bent over, clutching at his face.

I took advantage of his distraction and flung myself into the hallway and tried to escape down the stairs but I wasn’t expecting him to recover so fast so it came as u surprise when I was shoved from behind, causing me to trip and tumble down the stairs, hitting my head off every one. Pain exploded in my mind and I felt a trickle of something hot down my forehead. I gasped as pain shot through my side when I tried to roll onto my stomach. Someone grabbed my hair and dragged me out of the house through the remains of the front door and across the cracks walkway, tripping along unsteadily. The car was so black that it blended into the darkness surrounding it and the only way I could even tell it was there �" before I slammed into the door �" was the memorable smell of blood and alcohol, copper and mint, the smell made me want to vomit again. It stung my nose, giving me another headache to add to the already-pounding pain that occupied my mind. He forced open the door of the car and shoved roughly inside, landing against empty bottles, and petrol cans before the doors slammed, the car started with a purr and it screeched away into the black. For once, the voice in my head stayed silent.

© 2011 ilikecereal1997


Author's Note

ilikecereal1997
please leave comments and anything you think can help

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 5, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011

Author

ilikecereal1997
ilikecereal1997

Dingwall, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
i am 14. i have short black hair which people say id bootifuwll but i dont really think so. . i LOVE reading.. understatement. and writing. i am writing a book right now called 'Forever Bound' :D som.. more..

Writing