MY DREAMS WERE REAL

MY DREAMS WERE REAL

A Chapter by warrior
"

Astrid didn't know where she came from and how did she end up wandering in the woods. However, as she grow up, dreams kept on visiting her sleep until finally, she found answers.

"

I.                    MY DREAMS WERE REAL


I was wearing a dark brown leather dress �" the length is inches above my knee and it has a little scratch on the side. I was being chased by a group of monsters. Somehow, I found myself being in a dark side of the forest, just a few yards and I’m on the cliff.


I needed to do something, they are coming.


I saw a bear from afar. It is a wild bear. I didn’t know but I was able to tame him and go in front of me �" as a shield. I also commanded every eagle on the forest to attack until some Pegasus came just below the cliff.


“Astrid, come aboard. We don’t have time.” I ran and jump on its back. We flew away over the moon and I looked back, watching those animals fought the monsters.


I was dreaming.


I woke up, beading with cold sweat.


“I need water.” I weakly got up and fetch some water from the mini fridge I have in our camper.

“Hey, it’s still dark. Sleep a bit more.” My friend Brielle said in a sleepy voice and turned her back to continue her sleep. I looked outside the window and it’s still dark. I saw the moon and how it lit up the trees outside.


I glanced at my phone and it’s still 11:51 pm. I slowly opened the door trying to not wake my friend.

I found myself wandering around and staring at the moon. Feels like I’m tranced… same in my dream but this is not a dream anymore.


“Astrid.” I heard an old woman’s voice behind me. I turned and saw a woman �" around 40s of age �" wearing a light brown large coat and boots. “You need to come with me.”


I followed her like I knew her for a long time. She had brought me to a house made up of nipa and there are torches outside for light. She was holding one too.


“Where am I?”


“You’re where you want to be. This is the truth you’ve been looking for.”


The truth. Yes, I’ve been unknown for 19 years now. I don’t know my mother and my father and worst, I don’t even know how I was born. I was raised by Brielle herself �" course with her parents’ support �" even though she’s the same age as I do. I grew up in the woods, and I barely know how to be a modern girl.

I’ve gone to her school and sat in her class but I didn’t really study.


She found me here, in the forest. We got close because she thought I am kind of a magical person and she said, she loves them and she wished to see one.


Brielle said she came from a very rich family. She gave her camper to be my home for almost I think, 10 years, since we knew each other.


“Lady, this is your home.” I didn’t notice I was inside the house. “I’ve been looking for you a long time ago and finally, I found you.” The old woman said.


I roamed around like I really know the place. I saw this on my dreams before but I never thought they were all connected to the reality �" to the truth I was seeking.


“When the sun light up in the morning, your destiny will change. Spend more hours here and you will know the truth you were longing before.”


I turned to the woman and she’s gone. I’m alone in this old but neat house while a Frank Sinatra song is playing by the gramophone beside the sofa.


Just the way you look… tonight. I felt comfort with his songs.

I sat by the window and saw the moon, it was big like it is near and I can touch it. I was again under the truce then I fell asleep.


**


The sunlight struck my face and woke me up. I felt a soft cloth covering my arms. It was a thick white blanket but I don’t remember getting this from somewhere. I glanced around the place and I knew it, it wasn’t a dream. I’m still in the nipa house and I need to tell Brielle about everything!


I ran out of the house and easily got back on the place where the camper was parked. She’s still there sleeping.


“Brielle, wake up!” I shook her shoulders and when she saw me, she got up.


“Oh, my goodness, Astrid! I thought you were taken by that woman! I’m so glad that you are back here!” she almost hugged me but I asked immediately.


“What woman?”


“In my dreams, I saw a woman took you to a nipa house and she left you there. It felt real so I woke up and find no one on your bed!”


“Brielle…” my throat dried up. “It was real. I just got here.”


“Then…” her mouth left open for a few seconds without her eyes blinking. “Then it is really true.”


“What is true??? You knew about this?” she nodded still in shock.


“That you are a magical person like I’ve seen in my dreams. I know this sound weird but I dream often ever since I was a kid, like there is this girl in the forest… she’s lost but many want her… monsters… then I saw you, you looked like the girl.”


“Then why didn’t you tell me?”  I shook her shoulders really, hard.


“Wait! I felt weird too, so I waited until you figured out everything.”


“But, if I was being chased by monsters… why did you stay?”


“Because I am being chased too.”


-end of chapter 1-



© 2018 warrior


Author's Note

warrior
Please ignore any grammar errors, and typos, this is my first time writing in English! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 23, 2018
Last Updated on March 23, 2018
Tags: fantasy, artemis, astrid, war, monsters, dream, love


Author

warrior
warrior

Philippines



About
I started writing because other's writing inspired me. I wanted to have my own version. I like fantasy more than romance and other fictions. more..

Writing