Shine So Softly

Shine So Softly

A Poem by icelandicblue

Here I sit in the archival hall of memories
looking through the gossamer of silken shadows
watching in wonder at images

colorized by time’s changeable winds.

 

The clock blurs pain’s sharp edges

and sharpens blissful moments.

Loss ebbs and flows with a scent or

a song that wraps itself snugly around the past.

 

Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation

shining softly in the backdrop, until the light

calls my name, and dreams of forgone times

form with tactile clarity as I grasp your hand again.

 

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation... ' oh it is, it is!

How true that time blurs the bad moments - or should. How true that scent or song nudges memories laid gently in the past. Have often truly wondered at the gift we humans have in being able to bring back not only the worst but the very best, and most precious seconds from our lives! Seems we're given yet another chance to balance emotions and select which we prefer to have remain within.

Your writing as always, is not only emotional but powerful in varying degrees plus, the language is refined and near traditional yet natural. Lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your musings on this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed them and also thank you for your kind.. read more



Reviews

enjoyed your poem very much .. delicate intricacies of life and death kind of caress me .. sifting memories; pain come and gone .. our pasts become a vast expanse of fondness .. very well said .. last lines are superb says i .. soft sublime and strong .. well done! ..
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Einstein. Life hangs in a delicate balance when death courts you at the same time.
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

yes it does .. and they rightfully belong in the same court ;)
E.
I agree with Tammy, this is such a gentle poem. It caresses the mind and whispers your wonderful words so softly. The nostalgic reflection is obvious and yes time changes those moments we visualize in our minds. Like watching snippets of old home movies behind our eyelids. You have touched me with this piece. Going into favorites...

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you red. I love your snippets of old home movies. I listened to a piece about memory and they .. read more
the gossamer of silken shadows...and this "Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation
shining softly in the backdrop, until the light
calls my name," that's beautiful - such a gentle poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Tammy. I like that you found gentleness in this poem.
Your words shine brightly with such profound advice on life and how we need to appreciate it before we lose it. After all tomorrow is not a given.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

So very true...thank you.
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
A sublimely beautiful piece of introspection my friend...some really amazing imagery in this one...stanza two was especially striking, but each one had elements that made me say wow...'time's changeable winds' was a thinker of a line, sometimes they change for better and sometimes for worse, and usually they change without us even realizing it, or they just change against our will...the final verse made me smile, I was glad to see a happy ending, and realize that this speaker wasn't alone...awesome work Anne, a favourite for sure :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.
You've so eloquently expressed that healing passage of time that comes with true, self-sacrificing, reciprocal loving relationships. I found this poem's themes and the way you presented them captivating.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for such a kind comment.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.
If we are lucky, we may have someone, a friend, a lover, a relative who grounds us like this, and brings everything back to reality. This is a beautiful write that encapsulates that relationship wonderfully.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much KL. I'm happy that you found something meaningful in these words.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

For me, it brought me to my grandfather, right away. He grounded me like no other, and I miss him te.. read more
I love nostalgic poems, going through your memories of the greatest ones you have had and not look to the painful ones, as that would be the great way of living on with incredible memories you have gone though.what an amazing poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thanks so very much. Life lived on a foundation of pain and regret is not really living. Thanks agai.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 1, 2014
Last Updated on October 1, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..