"Poet Oh Poet"

"Poet Oh Poet"

A Poem by icelandicblue

"Poet oh poet," bleed your soul upon the parchment
make me see reality through new eyes,
sew golden threads throughout vivid imagery
make me breathe in your plaintive hue and cry.

"Poet oh poet," enchant me with your verse
create beauty from the unknown, the mundane,
wrap me tight within your silken language
stroke me with joy, stab me with pain.

"Poet oh poet," how I long to lose myself in your voice
bestow upon me the mysteries of hidden worlds,
so that I might find myself in places undiscovered
where love is the answer and sweet wonders unfurl.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well I felt renewed by this writing and when it came to write down why I run into difficulties and hear me out that doesn't happen to me very often. Had to stop and think and then of course it hit me. The descriptions here are great and I can sympathize with them and some even feel them but see, because of that the writing is very fluid and it makes you feel as if you understood but what is not written down is actually more than essential as in the end a Poet will be able to convey what seems invisible and then suddenly through his bridge building techniques make it visible for others just like Ice did here.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

We at least try to make the intangible tangible. Thank you Rene.



Reviews

Simply amazing piece of writing my friend, your plea is deeply felt!



Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Hi A, how very nice to see you! Thanks so much for your thoughts.
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend...
This is a poem i love, i always wonder when reviews come in and people see things in something i wrote that i did not see, its the miracle of poetry to transport us away to places we see but maybe even the writer does not and that ability to create beauty from the mundane is just incredible, Ice lady you gave us great writing and your sweet wonders you did unfurl, thank you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Richard. Your words are more than kind.
Did I do that? Naaa. Great poem blue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Oh believe me you do! No one does real life like you do.
Any artist or writer of any form is trying to do the same thing unveiling the darkness, or using a different sets of eyes, the snow ball and butterfly effect of some writing can transform the humans to a higher level for sure, good luck with all poets and poetry

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and commenting Linda.
Linda alexander

9 Years Ago

You welcome, take care
Well I felt renewed by this writing and when it came to write down why I run into difficulties and hear me out that doesn't happen to me very often. Had to stop and think and then of course it hit me. The descriptions here are great and I can sympathize with them and some even feel them but see, because of that the writing is very fluid and it makes you feel as if you understood but what is not written down is actually more than essential as in the end a Poet will be able to convey what seems invisible and then suddenly through his bridge building techniques make it visible for others just like Ice did here.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

We at least try to make the intangible tangible. Thank you Rene.
Okay, this might seem prudent and extremely narcissistic of me but it honestly felt like through this piece you have spoken to me.. very few works speak to me..
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I am happy you enjoyed this poem. Thank you.
I enjoy when a writer tickles my intellect and stimulates my mind, but when they make me FEEL, that is when magic happens.. that is what I want.. move me with your words.. let me feel the angst.. the pain.. the depth of despair... the longing.. the love.. whisk me away to another time, another place.. make it as if I am there.. YES!.. let me become immersed in your world, in your emotions, in your mind.. no longer seeing the words, but feeling each one.. lovely as always..

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you April. I always look forward to your comments and thoughts.
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

as I always look forward to reading your treasures.. it is definitely my pleasure.. you're more than.. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

ha!. that rhymed.. might be a poet yet!..
An earnest plea, in the style of "Oh Captain, my Captain". Yours is certainly a poem to get lost in, Blue. Beautiful!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Yes, thanks so much Rita.
The entire piece is very poetic and beautifully penned...especially the second stanza..nice work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Fran Marie.
Holy schmokes, lovely... What a poem that is definitely going to touch the hearts of everyone that reads it.

"Poet oh poet," enchant me with your verse
create beauty from the unknown, the mundane,
wrap me tight within your silken language
stroke me with joy, stab me with pain.

this stanza just blew me away, you poured your heart out in this one and my goodness, it's on the page, this is tremendous. I can relate to this, it's how I feel sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you once again my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

932 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moving South Moving South

A Poem by MsJewel


Moments Moments

A Poem by MsJewel