First Light

First Light

A Poem by icelandicblue

Quiet contemplation
at the apex of the morn.
Silent immolation
precedes the sun reborn.

Ghostly mist swept away
to places on up high.
As the sword of each new day
deftly slices through the sky.

A cacophony of sound
builds to a crescendo.
And often I have found
it is time to close the window.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My favorite time of the day, very aptly expressed in your words here. Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Mine too, thanks for reading.
Must admit, the cruelest part of the day, is dawn, for me, being an night owl. The bright light piercing through my blinds, hurts my photosensitive eyes that Venus lets in. Darn cat is, a sun worshipper. How lucky me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Dawn has its beauty and its price. Thanks so much therisa.
therisa

9 Years Ago

Your welcome, Icelandicblue.
Oh how I despise morning's during the week but at the weekends when I can wake up without an alarm I truly love it, although, by that time it's lunchtime! Hehe, I so love this one Anne, such an outstanding poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much oodles of noodles. It's always nice to see your sweet face.
Rebirth, renewal, rejuvenation often comes at a time with that which seems to cut the spirit in two, sliced apart as you say! The pain is at times so intense we want to retreat from the world and the view that is put before us. It is then we look within our spirit for answers, solutions, way to overcome the pain that cries for escape!
Your words are striking, memorable, grab the spirit and give me cause to reflect on that which I am able to see while the window is open!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for such a lovely review Sheila. May the view from your window always give you peace.
love the sword of each new day/slicing through the sky----you deftly use such wording...
silent immolation that speaks volumes...
sometimes the rebirth is so overwhelming we have to close the window and catch our breath.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

That is true jacob. I appreciate the beauty of your words.
The sights and sounds of morning. Both beautiful and harsh. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

So true so true. Thanks KL

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..