Breathing Fire

Breathing Fire

A Poem by phoenix
"

I wrote this poem reminding me of how we have the strength to over come our fears and our obstacles.

"
Breathing fire
by phoenix
Like a mouse in a mouse trap, I find myself trap in these chains that get tighter and tighter every time I want to free myself.

My mind and energy are filled with everything society throws at me.

The words "You have to be better than him or her, why can't you be like him or her, I don't think you'll be any good in life ; circle in my head.

like those birds that circle you around wondering when will you ever fall.

Like a volcano I'm slowly consuming fire waiting to erupt.

The chains that keep me tight are getting weak, for the dragon that's inside of me its getting ready to breath fire.

© 2015 phoenix


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great work, I like it but it could've been longer

Posted 8 Years Ago


I've been here a time or twenty, and you've done a decent job of painting the feeling. I found myself wanting to hear a little more, and I think it would have made the last line seem more powerful if that "little more" was given.

Thanks for writing :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015
Tags: breatning fire phoenix

Author

phoenix
phoenix

About
I have a great passion for writing. Hearing many stories as a child inspired me to write my own. more..

Writing
                                       the begining ..

A Chapter by phoenix


                                The Harvest part one ..

A Chapter by phoenix