Midnight Monsters

Midnight Monsters

A Story by Idalis

Ethan sat in the corner of his room, hugging himself. The pale midnight moon lit the trickle of tears falling from his eyes. He didn’t quite know why they were there in the first place. His life was fine. Actually, it was more than fine, it was great. He went to a excellent academy, had caring friends and a loving family. But, despite all that, a gaping hole expanded in his chest and suddenly he couldn’t breathe. He choked on his own breath, sweat and tears. The suffocating heat of his own thoughts encapsulated him and surrendered him merciless. He was alone, so utterly alone. From one moment to another, without reason or rhyme, it felt like no one around him cared about him anymore. And so what if he died? Would they really mind?  His brain processed thoughts faster than the speed of light but no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t understand why he couldn’t fight off those monsters that haunted him at night. They wanted his blood. They wanted his tears. They wanted his life. Maybe he would give it to them tonight. It was dark, in that corner of his. 

© 2018 Idalis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on April 29, 2018
Last Updated on April 29, 2018
Tags: anxiety, short story, fantasy

Author

Idalis
Idalis

Writing
Decretum Decretum

A Story by Idalis


Walker Walker

A Story by Idalis